1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Picket era has begun

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The difference being your opinion is based on inaccurate information and mine is not. You keep insisting that his first interception was thrown into triple coverage. That is false. It wasn't even double coverage. You refuse to acknowledge your error, which is why I believe you are either trolling or simply refuse to accept logic and reason.

I also wasn't a stupid decision. It was the right decision, but he needed to make a better throw and Claypool needed to catch the damn ball, anyway.

2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I was out of town all weekend so I missed you all in the game day thread(some more than others). Lot of catching up to do but I'll try and summarize:

Mike Tomlin sucks and has never not sucked, even when he won with Cowhers
    players who didn't suck but also sometimes did.

Art "The Duece" Rooney sucks and so does his love for mediocrity.

Ben sucked, then didn't, then sucked again.

Canada sucks. (The person, not the country)

Flores and Austin suck. (The person, not the city)

Most say Pickett didn't suck but I'll say he did just to be argumentative.

Claypool and DJ..... you know the rest.

Cam Heyward sucks, which is crazy because he's only 33 with 12 years in the league.

Devin Bush.....

There's a new guy on the board who only took 4 posts to p!ss everyone off.

That about sum it up?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    From what I read, he wasn’t getting practice reps. That’s a danger of going to a backup QB on little notice and with limited/no practice reps. Things that seem simple can be botched.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    What TF is your bag with me Dude?. EVERY post I make, you got something smart to say towards me...You don't like me or my opinions, I could give AF less..Ignore me, block me whatever...Tired of your non stop BS towards me...I just have an opinion like everyone else

• Like Like x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Kenny Pickett is expected to take the starting job from Mitch Trubisky going forward, per @rapsheet
    New QB1 in Pittsburgh [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone give @Disco1981 a break....He liked Trubisky, and had money on Him as(I believe) comeback player of the year, but He's a Steelers fan, and when We start winning (hopefully) He will come around.....just like I would have(eventually) with Trubisky.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The problem is that you're completely wrong regarding every take on Kenny. You claim he sucks because he played in the ACC, and with that logic Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson and Trevor Lawrence must suck, AFCN has 3 ACC QB1s for cryingout lawd brah. You just have a preconceived bias that's clouding your opinion. Look at it this way, if Kenny doesn't get in at halftime, the Steelers still lose. Kenny failed to win the game, but he's not the reason why they lost (which was your premise earlier).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I had a bet this weekend on Pickens scoring a TD, stood to win 1k. Had a good game, just couldnt find the endzone!

Going to put it in again this weekend, he’s scoring for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You really thought he stunk? Come on, Disco. You’re losing all credibility here. Your bias is painfully obvious. Pickett made some rookie mistakes but he didn’t stink. Even the INTs were contestable. I know you’re a Mitch fan, but your refusal to recognize that Pickett played with a lot of energy and did some good things in the second half of that game is, quite frankly, ridiculous. I have no bias either way. Had Mitch delivered the goods I would have rooted for him. If Kenny fails to deliver the goods, I’ll criticize him. But I think any objective observer of Kenny’s performance would never say that he stunk up the joint. Did he make some rookie mistakes? Yes. Did he give his team a chance to win? Absolutely! I’ve got a good feeling that Pickett has an opportunity to develop into something special for this team. Your absolute refusal to see any good in him is perplexing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I have more hair growing out of my ears than he has on his mustache

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Very happy Kenny is QB1. I’d rather go 1 and whatever with him learning then some 1st round bust who has hit his ceiling 3 years ago. Kenny is going to make mistakes and grow this year which is the time to do during this horrible season. Also Tomlin needs an excuse for his first losing season, can hear it now we had to groom the rookie. My problem is why the HC and OC didn’t see this before the 1-3 start. Juju shared exactly what real Offense and capable minds look like and Mike “aviator man” Tomlin is not it. I’ll take it a step further, when we have a horrible season and get a top 5 pick, do you really trust Tomlin’s evaluation of talent to hit a home run, just not sure….

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I believe Tomlin, went to Pickett now, so he wouldnt be on the hot seat this year,.. I don't want Tomlin making picks for us at all, I believe Edmunds , Bush, Jones, and Burns were all Tomlins guys.. . And IMO they were poor choices for #1s ...

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    All 22 review on Pickett

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's a great point, and it's even more likely there will be issues when that backup quarterback is a rookie getting his first snaps in a regular-season game.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Paranoid much? I have no issue with you and I definitely am not responding to every one of your posts. I am responding to your posts in this discussion, which have been inaccurate and misguided. Your description of Pickett's first interception is factually wrong. That's not just a difference of opinion. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    EVERY post I every make...It's obvious you don't like my style, approach, me... that's ok, not everybody likes everyone...But you don't have to scold me or argue with me on EVERY post I make...I get it...I get on on here to try a give opinions, and conserve... I'll try better

• Like Like x 1
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I’m liking Pickett2Pickens.

It’s like Panera ... I’m gonna go with a Pick2.

19. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Again...My opinion...He threw bad interceptions...The second of which cost us the game!

As far as bias, I stated I was WRONG about Trubisky, he stinks...I had high hopes and I thought he'd be better, but he wasn't...And stated going forward that the number 1 draft pick should starting..

I still don't think he's the answer...I don't think he's good, but I was already wrong about Trubisky, so who knows...

I'll be cheering for him... I'm not gonna cheer again him, just to prove a point

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Pickett sure will be tested these next 4 weeks but after the bye the schedule gets a little bit easier. He will have 4 games under his belt against 4 really good defenses. So at this point we will see how he progresses. Wins or losses aren't that important at this point but how he improves from game to game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Accuracy doesn't seem to be your thing. No, I'm not responding to every post of yours. No, Claypool was not triple-teamed on the play when Pickett threw his first interception. In fact, he wasn't double-teamed. It's not about an opinion I disagree with. It is about continuing to make claims that are factually wrong.

22. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I'm hopeful that the offense can at least look competent with KP at QB. Against the Bill's and Josh Allen is a rough first start, but into the fire he goes. Let's see what you got young man!
    The defense needs to tighten up. Would be nice to see this team rally around Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's laughable you think he would be on the hot seat just because of one losing season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :facepalm::facepalm: