1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The path I'd like to take.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 13, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    First and foremost I think that this Steelers team has it's best chance to win the Superbowl this year than any other roster since we won it for the Bus. The DL and MLB's are all on top of their game. The CB's and S positions are much improved. The OL is giving Ben time to throw and opening up holes to the second level. Bell is shredding the defenses. Brown can't be covered 1 on 1. Rogers and Ayers are the real deal and so are our TE's. ST's, I believe just had a really bad game and will improve much more (need to keep the ball away from Tyreek Hill though no matter what). And the biggest reason. Send Mr. Harrison out to retirement the same way we did for the Bus. After all, without his huge Int just before halftime of the last SB victory we would still be sitting at 5 instead of 6. I'm sure I overlooked many other things but that is my general opinion.

That being said this team can win it all.

The way I'd like to see it go down is that we take care of business this week against the Chiefs. Very winnable IMO but they still need to bring their A game for every game here on out. Secure the football and cause TO's. Win T.O.P. and use great clock management. In other words, play smart football. We beat the Chiefs. NE beats Houston. Sorry Houston - No HF advantage for you in the SB......Ever! Reserve that for Pittsburgh when we finally host one with no stupid dome. Just lots of snow. Sorry celebs, yinz can stay home.

Go to NE and rattle the Brady Belicheat monkey that has been on backs since 2004. You remember? The spy gate season. Revenge is on my mind. Light Marsha up and force him into INT's and fumbles. Make his afternoon a living h*ll. I'd like to see us win and win big. It can happen but it will take a near perfect game. Without Gronk they don't scare me much if we keep coverage in the middle of the field and Blitz from every angle.

Go to the Superbowl and take on the Cowgirls for the 4th time and make up for that SB XXX loss that was staring us right in the face. Boy, I'm still hurting from that loss. Certainly none of the players now were around for that loss but I guarantee if we take that path they will feel it throughout the City and take that electric vibe all the way to Texas with them.

This team is too good this season to miss an opportunity that lays right in front of them. We have veterans that can remind the young guys that they better take advantage of this season cause the chance for 11 straight wins and hoisting another Lombardi doesn't come around very often.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE GO!!!!!!!

:herewego!:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I want to beat the Patriots in New England so bad. I think I would like that more than winning the Super Bowl.

But got to take care of what is at hand right now, and that is the KC Chiefs. Lose this one, and it's all over.

One game and one week at a time. It's worked the last 8 weeks, keep it going.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will need the Texans to beat the Pats if not our road ends there ....Brady has another weapon at WR now he is making huge plays for them already , they have all their pass catching RB'S back now our D has huge problems with that as well ...Plus MB is now more healthy our D has huge problems with that to ...Add in the Big RB and our D is spread to thin with to many 1 on 1 match ups that the Pats will exploit..

I would love to beat them , but we are short on talent on Defense..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I'd rather take on NE's defense with our offense than the Texans defense.

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me to , but the Texans O we can defend very well ...Brady and Bill will have Mike and Ross on display ...Mike takes poor angles and misses a lot of open field tackles...Ross will get singled up on Floyd per design and fail miserably..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thing is... texans D will get tired because their O is THAT bad. NE defense will do just enough to slow us down, while their offense will chip chip td chip chiip td chip chip boom td. like 35-24 score.

Jk we are winning it all.

think positive.

-bipolar bear

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I think we can beat the Patriots. No Gronk so we don't have to put two DB's on him. They do have a good backfield with Lewis, White, and Blunt. I say stack the box and make Edelman, Amendola, Floyd, Bennett, and Hogan beat us. That receiving core doesn't put fear in me like the past Patriots receivers. I believe our offense is better than theirs and I don't think their defense can stop Bell or Brown. Plus DeAngelo being healthy is a huge lift. We can put Bell in the slot with Williams in the backfield as a big threat.

The most important part of beating the Patriots is getting to TB. He doesn't move out of the pocket period. He's just got the quickest release in the game. So again our DB's need to step up and our pass rush has to get to TB. With all that said we have to take care of KC Sunday which is no small task. As you mentioned if we get that far I'd love to see the Cowboys in the SB. That would be the best season ever to beat the Patriots and Cowboys in the playoffs in the same season!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I want to beat Kansas City.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, but I'd REALLY rather face Brock Osweiler in Pitt than Tom Brady in Foxboro

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I prefer to take the one less traveled by because I've heard it makes all the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The only team I fear is Green Bay, I'm hoping Dallas beats them, 1) because I want revenge against the Cowboys and the history these two teams have in the SB and 2) Aaron Rodgers is on fire. He scares me way more than Brady, I think we beat NE and would be in Toms face all day but Rodgers can run and is deadly accurate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I dreamt the cowboys won it all. Gonna sound stupid but I have dreamt of 4 teams winning it. Steelers in 05, giants 07, packers 2010, raisins 2012. All when the postseason barely began though, but still. Cowboys dream was 6 weeks ago.

With that being said, I want to keep looking stupid, and I want to be wrong. This is our year, I don't give a **** about stupid dreams.

We will get it done

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Your avatar needs to quit crying. It's starting to rub off on you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't think Green Bay can best Dallas with Nelson out. Hope so but it will be tough.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Forgot about Nelson being out. Really hurt them last year with him not playing. Is he done for the playoffs?

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I know he is out this week and not sure but I think he is out for the year.

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

He was reported to have fractured ribs. Those do take time. Even in the event that Green Bay does win and advances, there is no guarantee that Nelson comes back then.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless we figure out how to defend the dink and dunk before next week, or the Texans
    shock the world, we may have our hands full with NE at Foxboro.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Let's beat kc first. 12-4, at home, going to be really hard

21. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Come on... you've got to want to beat New England too

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure, but first things first. Plus, if we don't have to go to NE, that means we play the AFCCG at home. And I already have a ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I have yet to see anyone discusses this, so I will now. I think this team has a great chance, and I am more confident now than I was in the middle of the season. Last game, this team as a whole unit was so "chippy" right out of the gates, I couldn't believe it. It has been a long, long, long, long time since I have seen our team like this. It subsided in the second half, so I hope they can maintain in their next outing. Man, it was fun to watch the defense lay the wood and the offense run like their butts were on fire. They will win and the road will go through a beat down of the Patriots! (Moore is superhuman...The hit Bud laid on him should have caused him to not regain consciousness until next years playoffs...but man it was awesome to watch)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually felt that after Bud blew up Moore that Miami started playing better. Hard hitting is great and hope it continues but has to be clean hits.

25. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Whoa! What happened to one game at a time?