1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The other 3

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jan 17, 2021.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So who are the Steelers looking at for the TE coach, DB coach, and O line coach., I have heard a few names thrown around on here for the Oline coach, but not 1 person mentiond for filling the other coaching possitions ... .. Steelers gona go cheap and just promote from within,or???:shrug:

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't know, but great O- Line coach is seriously needed. ....Just stating the obvious

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I wonder if Rooney will step up on his part...

We have the lowest salary, and least amount of Assistants...

MAYBE, With the continual underachieving...This will change

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How about Bret Bielema?.....never mind....just seen He took Illinois job

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Glad to see somebody else point this out. The Rooney's by very definition are cheap in this aspect.

6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Do you have a source for this? I do know we have the lowest number of Asst coach's, https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...es-than-steelers-in-2019-mike-tomlin-nfl-news (This article from 2019, last year we added a QB coach). I can find no reference however for claims of lowest paid coaching staff.

7. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
  8. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    The Steelers are not like the Bengals when it comes to the Salary Cap. Why would they be cheap in coaching? Honest question. Not trying to flame or troll.

Also...why the dislike for the latest Rooney? I mean do we think if the Steelers were run by Jerry Jones that he would have more b@lls on making decision? Do you want an owner like that?

I guess Im somewhere in the middle on this one and flip flop or get wishy washy on this.

I know I have an owner of my company that simply trusts us to do the right thing and really does not meddle in the day to day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why would they be cheap in coaching? .................................. Do you really think a proven OC, with a wining overall record salary would be the same as Canada"s?

10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well for years the Steelers were supposedly 'cheap' when it came to paying players as well, really funny as every team has the same amount of salary cap that is audited and has to be spent per the CBA. I know coach's are not under any such agreement, and are able to negotiate their own contracts. I would assume they all have agents and also an not naive enough to believe that their is a great disparity in what some coach's command.

11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    The reason he soured on me was, last year after missing the playoffs again...People were mad , and he came out at the end of the season and stated all tough like " our ability and willingness to run the Football was unacceptable, and it WILL be addressed )

Then, this year it was worse...Embarrassingly worse!

Idc if you talk tough, But don't talk that **** just to try to act tough ( Tomlin has been doing this for years, and it drives me insane ) and then don't deliver the goods!

12. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Thats great recall. I forgot about that. Cant argue this.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What did the Rooney’s do to you bro. You sure seem to have an axe to grind with them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    For me it's how the Rooney's are identified like a royal family in this town. I mean they make a lot of their fortune though gambling enterprises. Not exactly respectable no matter how much you do or don't like gambling. They didn't even want to spend a measly (for them) $250,000 to add seats to the open end zone of HF. Not to mention that Heinz looks like a giant erector set compared to other stadiums. So that and some other reasons put them in the cheap conversation imo. Yeah I know they spend to the cap, but that money is guaranteed with revenue sharing anyway. No I don't want a Jerry Jones type with that kind of ego. But I also don't prefer an ownership that hinders itself with outdated business practices and principles and just constantly wants to look for the best "deal" while taking few chances. Somewhere in between is obviously best.

Now I'll wait for the obligatory then go root for another team comments. Yes I realize how damn lucky we are to have the situation we are in year in and year out but that just makes me want more.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    They touched me in a bad place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    I appreciate you taking the time Duke. As I said..my question was not back loaded. Its a discussion board so Im here to not just look for people to finish my sentences but to engage in debate but so many posters just say so and so sucks and should be fired without any substance.

I know that the Chargers ownership have a crappy business model but I never knew any of this about what you describe above.

I am guilty of bleeding Bleeding Black and Gold to a bias fault maybe and I just dont trust most media sources on the net so its good to get other perspectives.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They still have Austin as DB coach, so they might just keep it that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nothing matters if Tomlin is still here.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nothing new. He is an empty suit, all talk and zero action. Yet many who are conscious already have understood this for some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know the Steelers ( Rooney’s) don’t own Heinz field right?

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Make sense now.

23. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    How about no even if he didn’t have another job.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sometimes I think that Art Rooney 2 had dinner with Bob Nutting (Pirate owner) and Nutbag taught him a thing or two.

I have deep respect for the Rooney's but I sure wish Art 1 was still around.

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Yes I know that. But the Steelers obviously have a vested interest in getting as many people as possible into it. It's not like that stadium's general purpose is a concert venue. Considering they occupy that stadium more than anyone else I don't think it's too big of an ask.