1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Old" Message Board

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Know, I realize you had all good intentions. I wouldn't apologize to him for nothing. You just stated the truth and nothing but the truth about that sorry board with good intentions.

2. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tell him again PLEASE!!! I already told him that he came over here so why would he encourge people to go back over there for anything at all. The reason why we are here is because it is better and people can post over here. If anything, he should be encouraging people to leave that sorry place. The thing is, he can still post over there while most of the people over here couldn't post over there for years. He doesn't understand how it felt to not be able to post and express your feelings on that board. If he was in that position, he would be just as frustrated.

I thank TTF everyday for creating this wonderful place for us. And I say to anyone who comes over here and trys to encourge people to go back over to the dead zone, then don't come over here, stay over there.

3. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    This seems like a completely reasonable request. I can't imagine any other board tolerating this sort of thing, and I am a member of lots of boards on different topics. My momma used to tell be not to poo where I sleep, and likewise- you just don't :bscow: in someone's house.

I've read through those threads, and many of those posts are nothing but love for the old board and regret that it has fallen apart. I have also read some uncomplimentary and untrue things about THIS board on the old board, and wish I could speak up there as some others can. I guess it goes both ways.

I read and responded to your thread before it was removed, and I get why TTF deleted it. You created another entirely new thread about it when you already posted the same thing here in this existing thread. It's just going to lead to more unnecessary bickering and back and forth and hurt feelings. Just like it has started to here... :(

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No you got it wrong buddy...If he had posted once that would be fine...But he was there 50 times telling us we shouldn't stay at a POS message board that we loved It just got on everyones nerves...And I never said this site was better....you cmon man

5. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    OMG there are trying to get it back working

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This site is not better then a pos site that doesn't work properly??? :shrug: I guess I can see how that would be a tough call :doh:

7. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    the board worked fine for me......and apparently knox cause he kept posting there......

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So as long as it works fine for you and a handful of others, **** everyone else? It's obviously broken and abandoned. Pretty insulting to TTF that you don't think this board is better.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    dude where did I ever say that at...you are putting words in my mouth....read my effin posts

i said "And I never said this site was better"

that was simply saying that I never typed the words not that I didn't think or say so but that I never typed that

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    messing with ya ;-)

This site is elevntybillion times better though :dancing:

11. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just went over to the "other" board and nothing has changed. I still get the message at the top of the screen, "the moderator has reviewd this account............." and yes, that's how reviewed is spelled over there. I'm done there.

:herewego!:

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes. After the buttons came back after being MIA for several weeks. You know, for all the belly aching that some of you have been doing complaining about my comments "trashing " and "bashing" the Ooooooh-fficial MB of the Pittsburgh Steelers, it seems a bit hypocritical. Gee Knox, I wish you would stop bashing the MB and stop saying mean things.... we understood after the first 50 times you said something. So now I'm going to post 100 times about how you are such a big meanie and you need to just leave us and our crappy MB alone.... <sniff >

It really is a shame that we are arguing over that crappy forum. But I understand the loyalty cause I was there too. I've moved on and so should you.

14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And you're up to about 50 posts complaining about my posts, so I guess it is balanced out now. Oh, BTW, have I mentioned yet what a pile of crap the Ooooooo-fficial MB of the Pittsburgh Steelers has become?

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did any of you watch the Steeler's Talk clip of Aaron Smith that some one posted here? The lady doing the interview looked like she was straight out of the 50's complete with the office that the interview was being held in. I'm not criticizing her or the way she looked just pointing out that the whole thing besides being a web video had the look of old school office feel. Like the way the Chief left it is the the way they do it still. It doesn't really scream out that they have a handle on the way the modern media works. That is why you see some of the younger teams and younger owners who have embraced social networking, blogging, web site design, online marketing, branding, and keeping up with the times. I just don't think the team invest much money in this aspect of the business which is a shame but i aslo can see where it may not fit with the blue collar origins of the team.

16. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that it's pretty simple.

This is the new MB of "Steeler Nation".. Past members that couldn't use the old MB anymore, Would-be-members that never got to use the old MB and MB members that were fed up with the old MB are all here sharing after a long wait.

Face it.. The times they are a changin'.

Thanks TTF and all MB members for making this the best Message Board for the Pittsburgh Steelers!

17. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I like this board, never put it down. Even in the thread that was deleted all I said was contact the Steelers thru their email. I never asked anyone to leave here.
    Knox,we've known each other a long time & I have no problem with you personally. People irritate people from time to time--just ask my wife-- and that's just life. We just can't take things personal. We're all Steeler Fans.
    Edog- Knox wasn't apologizing cause he did something wrong, he apologized to make sure people didn't take his comments personal.Also I do know the frustration of not being able to post. It took me awhile to get registered to begin with and then after a year I got myself banned for a month for posting a youtube video of a dog wearing a steeler sweater doing bad things to a stuffed dog wearing a browns jersey.
    steelergirl & TTF- no dis-respect intended. I Love my Steelers and enjoy MANY forums and don't want any of them to go away!!

I'm thru with this thread.... Go Bengals!!!! That tasted wierd!!!!!!!

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm still trying to understand why people want the old board fixed. This one is better then the old one ever was. We have this one now and we have a lot of uses and a lot of posts, why on earth do you guys even care if the old one gets fixed?

I also don't understand not leaving it just because it's "home." How a site can be home is beyond me. The same people that were at the old site are now here, so why not make this one your new home? There's just absolutely no reason to continue to even visit the old site, let alone post on it. Just makes no sense to me.

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    The old board can kiss my ya all know what.I could not post there for 6 years......TTF ya done a real good thing here!! We are with you!!!Keep up the good work! ! :thumbs_up:

20. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Can someone just tell me why it was so hard to get access to that board? I know I tried 5 or 6 times to sign up and never got a response. Just didnt understand what I was doing wrong.

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    You were most likely doing nothing wrong....They just did not want you to post....You are more than welcome here.....Post away!!!!

22. bigsteelerfaninky

Oct 24, 2011
    I think you had to email one certain email address

23. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Things started going down hill at the old message board when they deleted the link on the steelers.com site. That was a pretty clear message that the Steelers organization was no longer supporting it and wanted it to go away. It was proly around that same time they quit responding to requests or adding new members. Just as well, I like it here and feel its my new "home". Sniff.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You did nothing wrong, the board just sucks ass. Even when I could post there, I had to jump through hoops to do it. Each and every time I wanted to post I had to sign out and then back in and if it was the game day thread forget about it, sign out, go back to main index, back to Game Day Thread, sign in, post. Repeat process.

I HATE THAT POS BOARD!!! :banghead:

25. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Tomlin it sounds like you weren't a fan of the other board. Diehardsteel, I'm from Butler too and actually was actually in Richmond last weekend. Ran a half marathon there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.