1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Old" Message Board

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I still check it out every day because it's one of few sites that I have saved to my favorites list. This place, however, is where I do my posting (for whatever it's worth!)

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    HAHAHA funny......No hard feelings from my side either.....You are right I really dragged my feet hoping against hope I guess....

3. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I never understood why it would never let me register. It was so frustrating not being able to post and just read for years

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Glad you're here Terp! Get it all out - it can be therapeutic!

5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Knox, My only issue with you is the constant bash and trash and negative comments. We, those that choose to continue posting on the Steelers Message Board, really do get there are problems and don't need to be told how bad it is 50 times. The first 10 times was enough. No-One over there has an issue with you advertising this board Many come here as well. Many couldn't post there for some reason and your efforts helped them and that's GREAT.
    I agree with MacDaddy,,, why not enjoy both if you can. Why does it have to be one over the other. We are STEELER NATION and should be united and not divided. GO STEELERS!!!!!

steelersfeedback@yahoo.com

Here's where you and EVERYONE should go to vent and ask for a fix to the official message board. Tell them your issues and if enough fans go there they'll fix it. Its not fixed becasue WE, the fans, petition them and let them know we do care. Many have but not enough. Power to the People \m/....

Cajun-

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sorry Cajun... now it's 52 after my visit over there a few minutes ago. I honestly have tried what you suggested. There was even a petition that was started to tell the Steelers that we are still here and we want the MB fixed, etc. (wasn't it FreeTibet that started that?) That obviously didn't make any kind of impact or impression on the organization.

I realize you are tired of reading what I've posted about that MB and honestly -- no disrespect intended -- I wasn't making those posts for you. I made them for myself, to vent and get it off my chest. I also made them to let folks know about this forum for those people who aren't over there every day. If it isn't something that you would have done, it doesn't mean that I'm wrong -- just different from you. And while I'm sure there are others who feel the same way you do, I'm also sure there are others who feel the way I do. It is neither right nor wrong, it just is.

Just ignore what I've posted over there. I'm ready to just get back to talking Steelers and I will keep my account over there in the small chance that it will get revamped and modernized, and I'll periodically check in just to see what's happening. But I think I've made my last post over there for now.

7. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Cajun- with all due respect, I think posting a link here at the new board and encouraging everyone to go there to complain is a bit disrespectful to TTF. Many of us are grateful to have the new place, and it kinda feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth and diminish his efforts by having that posted here. I'm sure the link will go unnoticed at the old board if you post it there. ;)

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know. In all fairness, some of us have pimped this board pretty hard over there. This place only exists because of the old board. I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have a problem with it.

The only thing I do have to say is: good luck. It's not like we haven't been screaming to high heaven for years now. We've had several last gasps on that board already.

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Is that where I go to vent about the guy who said William Gay makes as strong a case for MVP as Lawrence Timmons does? Because I really wanted to vent about that (I had something like a 50 page powerpoint presentation about why that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard handy), but that's when the old message board decided to stop letting me post.

I'd stuck around there even after joining here. Why not both, right? Sure it's a graveyard. Sometimes I check in like 8 hours after my last post, and nothing has changed at all. But I stuck around anyway, for nostalgia I guess. Visiting my old, racist, abusive, dying father in his nursing home. Then my father told me to f*** off and had me barred from the building, even though all I was doing was continuing to visit him in his time of need and make the home a slightly brighter place, despite what a total penis breath he'd been all my life (that's PG-13, right TTF? I think it's in E.T.)

Fight the good fight as long as you want. I believe in the cause, but you are at the mercy of a certain person or certain few people. It's them I don't believe in, not because they've shown no signs of life, but because they have shown some signs of life and told everyone to go to hell anyway. And strictly through petty and careless actions, because they are far too cowardly to even type on a message board under an anonymous name. It's not the Steelers, people. It's just some shmucks like us, only they don't care about the Steelers or the message boards.

10. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    It was gpguy, who I'm sure will come along and join us eventually.

The board has no connection to the organization at all. I don't blame the Steelers for the current message board at all. That's just some other d-bag. I only blame the Steelers for not having a real one.

11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm confused as to how the old message board on "The Official" Steelers website isn't run by them or under their jurisdiction. Especially in 2011. Every other team has a message board. Stupid!

12. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    They have no board on their website. It used to be theirs, then they gave it up. Probably too much work. Even though dozens of us would have run it for free. I'd have done it for gas money. But they should have erased the "official" before dropping it.

13. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I started a thread to encourage all those who cared about the "Official Message Board" to email them their issues and complaints directly and gave an address top do it.

That thread was quickly deleted lasting less than a few hours. Guess I did offend some-one. Didn't mean to. Its okay to have avatars of womens breast covered by small steeler logo pasties and ok to say damn, f##king, penis breath and other questionable language but don't dare pimp the "old" board we have loved and enjoyed for years in an effort to get it fixed. Having choices and options are great in my world but not censorship.

Cajun-

14. SteelersGirl25

Oct 15, 2011
    And we have seen ALL of those posts and petitions (most of which were deleted and censored by the beloved old board), and have seen them here as well. As much as you don't like Knox knocking the old board over there, I for one don't want to hear about saving it over here, JMO on this 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed day after being up for hours with a pukey three year old'. I loved to visit that board, but could never register, post, or participate. Like Ray D said, good luck with it, but to me it's the same old drum getting beat.

BTW- avatars like that old one are not accepted (the one you mentioned wasn't around long), and most inappropriate language is censored. NOTHING like the censorship that was at the old board.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Cajun This link steelersfeedback@yahoo.com
    has been dead for 5 years. Every time I send something there it bounces back to me
    Face it, someone over there fell on their a@@. 99% of us can't post there. Why would we try? I stop and read the links that may intrest me. Never try nor will I ever try to post there

16. mt_steel

mt_steel New Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Thanks to those who set up this board. I dont post much but I do enjoy reading up on the latest. Much improved over the old board and glad to see so much activity.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope, you surely didn't offend me Cajun. I'm pretty hard to offend. ;-) Okay, there was an avatar that was mildly offensive to some people here so I asked the user to remove it and they did. It was up for maybe a few days I believe, and it helped me to be more thorough in the guidelines. On the same note, anyone can disable avatars in their user preferences so they don't have to see them, they can also ignore users who's posts they don't wish to read. Same goes for signatures, smilies, flash, and images. There are word censors in place here just like most places, but no message board can prevent someone who wants to say bad language from doing so. I'd like to think we've got a pretty good balance here with what's acceptable. Though, a main difference is that I'm pretty dedicated to making this place an enjoyable one for everybody, so I'm available to take care of something should the need arise. You've said more in your post than what the word censor would allow if you had typed it out.

There are so many 'old board-new board' threads here that have a lot of posts, and I've stayed out of them. I'm not a fan of deleting peoples posts or threads...in fact, I think I've deleted maybe two now out of the 10,000 posts we've had here. I enjoy your posts and welcome you to continue posting and discussing our beloved Steelers here, and wish you would, but I'll ask anyone not to create topics in the Steelers Talk forum soley about saving the old message board. The "staff" at the old MB didn't even allow that, and I would have thought they'd be all for that. :shrug: I've never ever asked anyone to go over there and post about this place. People were just excited about this forum and wanted to let their friends know. I'm not sure what I can do about that. I'm glad I've created a place people enjoy and I hope people can avoid hostility and focus on cheering our team on the way to their next superbowl. :herewego:
    :herewego!:

18. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm sorry you couldn't post over there. I'm also glad you found a home here, I really am but I don't get why you're offended by my plea to fellow fans, most came from the steelers board that I've been posting with for 10 years ( my time anyways ) to contact them via their email system about fixing what they've enjoyed for many years and even help those who had trouble getting registered in the 1st place. Its not a threat to this board or an insult to it either. You can block me so you'll be safe from my comments or pleas. I'm a christain man who chooses to live his life offending no-one but I'm not perfect. Happy Posting and Go Steelers!!!

Cajun-

19. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    No its not dead. I was banned for posting an unapproved link to the board. I used that link and they responded in telling me why its unapproved and would re-instate me if I wouldn't do that again.

In fact the day before the buttons came back and the petition threads and the threads pimping this board were removed me and several other fans used that address to ask for help.

I've used it and its never bounced back to me.

Cajun-

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I certainly hope people don't flock back to that board if it is ever working again. Only 2 ways I'll go back, if all the members go back or if TTF pulls the plug. I really don't get why there are some who are infatuated with the old board. It's just a board, and a crappy one to boot. Isn't it about the people? I mean, I love all the bells and whistles this place has but what makes it great is that most everyone came over from the old board plus a ton of new people who were shut out by that piece of garbage. Also, you don't have a dictatorship where entire threads are removed for no good reason and no explanation given. Bunch of butt holes were running it.

21. SteelersGirl25

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm personally not offended by you at all, Cajun. :) I enjoy your posts and your Steeler enthusiasm. :yeehaw: I guess posting the plea and link struck me as a bit disrespectful to TTF, who took it upon himself to create this board for everyone after we were ignored for so long at the old place. A major organization refused to take care of us, and one fan like us did. That says a lot to me, and brought out my momma bear syndrome. :lol: Like I said, I was up all night with a sick toddler and came to my Steeler home this morning for a little respite. Seeing that link just left a bad taste in my mouth and I do apologize for lashing out. Obviously, TTF doesn't mind it being in here though, so I will respectfully shut my trap about it and plan on a good night's sleep tonight.

Peace :D

22. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    This is your board and you can run it as you see fit. You've done a good job setting it up and keeping it going.I believe you're a Solid Fan who loves his team and a stand-up kinda guy and trying to create a board where people can post and not be offended but know this, You can never please everyone, different people are sensitve to different things and some just don't want to be happy anyways. I congratuate you on what you've done here and would like to share from time to time.

What I don't get is why you've allowed this thread and others that are mainly filled with bashing the steelers board and/or praising this one but decided the one thread about saving the "Steelers Board" was deleted. Just my Luck, two out of ten thousand ( .02% ) that gets deleted and I'm there. Half of all deleted post is mine, What a terrible track record I got going.

You know the other board as well as I do, as long as you don't make this board a "link" you can say what you want. They allow it and still do.

Like I said, good job so far and good luck in managing it. Its nice to know there are several places I can go to chat with fellow fans.

Cajun-

23. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Knox, I have seen your posts over there and it makes no sense to continue posting over there. I felt you on your comments to cajun and Sixaintenough. They need to take your advise and give it up. Most of the people over on this MB can't even post over there. I have tried everything known to man to try and post over there to no end, its useless. Infect, my sole purpose of trying to post over there was to tell everyone still hanging on over there to come on over to this site, the grass is greener on this side. If I ever get to post over there, I will be giving them the BLUES for all the grief they caused me.

Anyone who can still post over there, please do us a favor, encourage everyone to join this MB, and keep spreading the word everyday. Heck, the Bengals game day thread over there was a total disaster.

24. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You got it wrong buddy. Know was not harassing them. He was just letting them know that there was a better place, like many other had done. I checked out all of Knox's post and they were not harassing at all. You didn't even have to comment on you getting aggravated yourself if you are over here. Whats the purpose. You are here and you see that it is better so why did you make that comment about being aggravated? C'mon Man, please!!!

25. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My comment to you is why would anyone want to go and vent about a board that doesn't work? Also, I have no love for that board for all the greif it caused me over the year by not letting me post. I could give a Rat "A"!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.