1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Old" Message Board

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    When was the last time anyone visited the old board? I can't even find it with Bing anymore. That is how I used to access it. Did TFF's efforts here actually kill it off altogether?

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's been over a week for me. Even after coming here, I kept going back to it for a while as it kind of felt like home to me, even though I was never able to post. It's now dead to me though.

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I found it a few months back by searching google. I then saved it to my favorites. I like it there even though there are issues. I like it here also.

Cajun-

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I registered for it over five years ago and was never granted access so I haven't bothered to go there since joining this site. :dancing:

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I go back and forth I really like the old board but it seems as if every one is here now so I guess I will too

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I just came over from the old board. Not much going on over there other than crickets chirping....

7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I just tried to post over there but it "got lost" somewhere in the abyss. I hate that place!

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was over there yesterday, but it's been less and less lately.

9. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Pretty inactive. Nothing of note that isn't discussed here in better and more detail.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was reading one of the five page debates that PWP always has going last week and really wanted to jump into the discussion but I tried every means of getting on the board that I could think of including booting up in WIndows 7 mode, trying every browser I had from safari to chrome and nothing so I gave up for good. i will agree the ease of which I am able to comment here makes me think I will never bother with the old board again.

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I see a bunch of copy and paste posts on both boards.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well, apparently I've upset cajun and sixaintenough by speaking the truth about what that place has become. It really is sad and the more I think about it, the more I just don't understand why the Steelers organization would treat fans so poorly. I mean, if they want to do away with it, then so be it. Announce to the posters/fans that the forum will be decommissioned on xxx date and state a reason. But to just un-link it from the Steelers.com domain and just ignore it and let it fall into a perpetual state of disrepair and worthlessness is messed up. I've been trying to throw those guys some life preservers, but they seem to be content to go down with the ship. http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/95246

13. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I just read about it. Clearly you struck a nerve :roflmao: There might be 3 to 5 folks at the most still posting there. Just like the old sea captain I guess they've decided to go down with the ship. You have to wonder why but to each his own I guess. I still drop in there from time to time just to see if I still have access. I noticed there wasn't even a game day thread for last Sunday's Bengals game. I could faintly hear Don Meredith singing in the background "Turn out the lights the party's over"

14. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think Knox they probably want you to just leave them alone....If they want to stay there that is fine....just quit harassing them....I for one was getting aggravated with you when I was there as well....

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I registered on the old board and was hit and miss posting for me. I used to have to log in 3 times to make one post. Then they left the official site and I couldn't post, only two times could I post there and same old log in 3 times to make one post, I could only answer a post I strated. Most of them are you guys minus the assbag monitors. I'll be staying here

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw that Knox haha

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    steelmac5
    I know you are reading here. I check that pile of doo doo you call a board too. You said you left a light on for us that want to come back. You may want to unlock the door too. All the light in the world will not help when you can post because you folks DO NOT clear anyone to post. Really don't care if you unlock it anyhow. I will never attempt to post there again. Your board is a non event, has been for years

18. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no hate for the old board... Only sadness that the Steelers organization let it decay away, without any explanation.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Towel, for creating this!

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't even checked in over there in a while, it's pathetic, last time I was there it had maybe 5 members posting anything. I guess some people like sitting in a pile of :bscow:

I mean why come to a great board that works and has just about everyone of the old posters on it, that's just silly :doh:

20. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I used to stop in a while back just to inform others that we were here.

Not so much lately..

It's like yelling in a phonebooth. Wow, that statement makes me feel old. :eek:

21. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    But, Without a handy phonebooth, where could Clark Kent change into Superman?!?! :superman:
    Ohhh... wait a minute... Didn`t those things always have clear glass sides, anyways?
    That`s how they picture them in my Encyclopedia Brittanica set... :grin:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What are these phonebooths you speak of :scratch:

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I guess its all relative. I was not trying to aggravate anyone. Just venting and expressing my own frustration with that forum. I liked that old MB too. Just trying to spread the word about this forum. I was reluctant to come here at first and I seem to remember you dragging your feet too. It's hard to communicate intent in written commentary. So I'll just state for the record that there was nothing but amicable intentions toward all of my Steelers fan bretheren. Ive got nothing but love for all of you... even Wildcat fans...

24. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I haven't been back at all since joining here. I met so many of you all over there and am glad to still be able to read your comments here. That's more than good enough for me now, and I am also grateful to TTF for this easy, pleasant and welcoming place to get my Steelers fix. Shows you that it was the people posting who made for those good discussions all along.

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree it was the people, not the software. Which is why some of us tried our best to get everyone over here. Well, we got most of them at least.

And even though it WAS the people, better software doesn't hurt. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.