1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

the official unofficial Steelers game thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by darcrav, Nov 1, 2015.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Now the sting of this loss is great we now have to hear about Bell's injury status. What a disappointment as hard as the D played today.

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Everything went the Bengals way today. The bengals false start negates a steelers interception, Steelers get a pick but a tickytack penalty behind the play turns it into a 65 yard change in field position in favor of Cincy, blatant PI called on them and the flag inexplicably gets picked up, etc. Just not our season so far.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was pretty sure it would be that way because Ben seems to always come back "rusty" as he says but ultimately it's probably that he came back "early" instead. The "protection" didn't help though. Especially when there were clearly some mental issues going on today.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not big on the 'hidden agenda' angle, but I think it's safe to say at the very least that they flat out stunk today.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Our stupidity was also a huge advantage for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The play to Heath near the end was BLATANT and the BACK JUDGE made it instead of the dang guy that was LITERALLY RIGHT THERE BESIDE THE PLAY!

8. JollyGrnGiant86

JollyGrnGiant86 Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    We really going to blame the refs for this game? The game started with us getting an awesome call on the Brown TD, our guard moved before the ball was snapped. ENTIRE game was changed once Bell went out.... It better not be what it looks like... All I'm saying.... Also, are Bengals CB that good or was Brown not getting open? It's hard to tell on the TV....

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Cannot stand Boomer Esiason. He's giddy as he analyzes the games. He's a worthless piece of crap of a human being. Anyone that criticizes a player for wanting to be with his wife during the birth of their child is crap and Esiason falls in that category. Friggin idiot!!!

I'm off here on gameday the rest of the season. I don't like what I turn into when I'm this pissed off and don't want to say anything I'd regret. Ben's elite I guess but he sucked today. Do Brady and Rodgers have these type of games? Maybe they do but I can't really recall them. On D played their butts off today! Kudos to them and Keith Butler.

Any hope we had to win the division was thrown out of the EZ by Ben on that last pass. Don't want to say much more and I know Ben has won games for us in the past when the D failed to deliver, but he may have a hard time looking the D in the eye after this one!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I tend to agree. I saw dodgy non-calls on both sides.

It was a case of a titanic duel of dumb mistakes, in which we made more.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Have to give major props to Heath Miller. He was a bright spot on a dull Offensive effort.

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Heath shows up every week and makes no excuses whatsoever. Good grief I wish we had a team full of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. JollyGrnGiant86

JollyGrnGiant86 Active Member

Oct 27, 2015
    As a Steeler fan... We made a bunch of dumb mistakes... If I'm a Bengal fan, I'm saying we made a bunch of dumb mistakes. Ben/Dalton each had like a 2 pick within 3 pass moment I believe? Took Ben 2 passes and took Dalton 3. I can't say the better team won, but maybe I can say it once Bell went down. Was a clean hit but destroyed us offensively. Oh well, if this is our new defense then I still feel good... Waiting on the Bell report though....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    My dad is a Packer fan, and yeah, Rodgers has his bad games. Two weeks ago, I believe, Rodgers had apparently commented cockily that he had put 'no interceptions' into the game plan at Lambeau Field - at that point he had not thrown one since around 2013. He then came out and threw 3 and fumbled in their home game against the Rams (again, I think).

The difference, of course, is the Packers still came away with a win. Easier to 'forget' such performances when that happens.

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    L;ol YEA and the player that was complaing to the ref abt it, it looked to me the Ref was saying i didnt throw the flag.. lol

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I KNOW! LOL! It was like the ref was saying "I'm on your side! It's that moron that's actually trying to call it impartially!" HA!

17. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

"Per source, initial exam of Le'Veon Bell's knee has made team optimistic about status of ACL. They hope it's MCL injury only."

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    As much as i hate to say it, but with all the injuries this season, i would just as well loose a few more games and get a high draft pick... i mean its not gona do anygood to to win a few more games and get a middle to late round draft pick, and get bumped from the playoffs.... i think this team is a season away from being real contenders anyway...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe we'll get him back in time for the playoffs.
    *cue Jim Mora*

20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I tend to agree, but with as bad as we are at selecting defensive backs and offensive tackles, I'm not so sure a high draft pick matters.

21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So Terp would rather would rather not make the Playoffs or make theM AND AND GET BUMPED then get a decent draft pick... ummm ok

22. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Big Ben only has a few seasons in his prime left.

Given:
    1. Deangelo as a fine replacement
    2. How once this offense catches fire it can be as good as any in the league
    3. How our D is playing far better than expected

I don't give up on the season at 4-4, especially with 2 games left against the browns.

23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We'd just pick another damn lber anyhow win some games, get in the dance, go get 7

24. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well when players like "mike Mitchell" personal fowl for taunting does not help matters just shows lack of discipline.

25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yeah, that was a bonehead move for sure. I am not a fan of his antics after the play.