1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

THe Official 2014 Draft Thread [No Spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, May 8, 2014.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    yeah. same here. a bengals fan told me this morning that he was pissed we got shazier. he is an ohio st fan and said he will be great. he was also pissed that they took dennard. said he is a chain mover because of the nfl rules. he will have to learn to play without mugging wrs.lol

2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That's kind of how I feel. I always had Dennard as a bottom of the 1st prospect who will need to figure out how to keep his hands off of receivers after 5 yards. I think he's a good player, but if the NFL take away from what has made him a good college player, he's going to have a tough time. I'm very glad we didn't reach on him just because we need help at corner.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Finally got to read through this thread. Truly entertaining :popcorn:

I get the anger on passing on a CB. Fact is, more than half of the mock drafts had us taking Dennard. So I can see why alot of people wanted us to take him. That being said, in my eyes, he didn't fit us schematically. And to be honest I didn't see him as a Top 15 talent, all be it not too far, think I had him at #17.

I'm just hoping that the same backlash doesn't occur after pick #46 if we pass on a CB again, because I am fully expecting it. Other than Stanley Jean Baptiste (who I am still not fully on board yet) the value is not there to take a CB at #46. I'm not enamoured with the Florida kids, and I see Joyner as more of a S than a CB. Some of the CBs I like for Round 3 may go in Round 2, and who knows, maybe they will be great, but I don't like the idea of jumping the gun and taking them at #46.

Between the bevy or WRs, the Notre Dame boys on DL, Hageman, ASJ & Niklas at TE, some OL guys like Kouandjio, Yankey Su'a-Filo & Moses, and OLBs like Van Noy & Attaochu. There is a tonne of talent left on the board. IMO, just not the place to force a CB need.

4. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Horrible move by Buffalo. Complete waste! Who is running things there? The talent available at #9 was unreal. Say what you will about Cleveland, but they seem to be masters at finding chumps to give them ridiculous trades. Seems like they've got two 1sts every single year. Sure, they usually throw those picks in the toilet, but I wish we could clean up like that once in awhile.

5. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Watkins vs Ebron + a #1 pick in 2015. I don't like the move Buffalo pulled but I heard alot of good arguments tonight on why the Buffalo GM and coach may have done it. With a new owner coming in the future, he may want to clean house. The current Buffalo staff wanted to give that owner around to keep him and a good record was the best way to do it.

That being said, Buffalo now has a WR corps of Sammy Watkins, Stevie Johnson, Mike Williams & Robert Woods. They have a pretty gold OL and CJ Spiller in the backfield. They have given EJ Manuel everything possible to work with. Time for him to step up.

6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The problem is... their haul of picks usually starts by being in the top 5 for stinking, and then either trading out of the pick or trading away the guy that they got in the first round the year prior. I'd rather not suffer the chain of events that leads to them getting their haul.

7. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Oh totally. I get that, just wish we could find suckers like they do. New England finds them as well. I'll never understand how they traded the 91st pick for the 33rd (Carolina), straight up.

8. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Dennard needed to go to Seattle or Green Bay. They've made mugging receivers a part of their strategy and therefore get away with a lot.

I think Dennard in the spot we were in would have been a reach to fill a need and that seldom works in the first round. Kind of like the decision to take Troy Edwards over Jevon Kearse.

9. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    buffalo has traded Johnson to the 49ers... Lol

10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    They probably used their SpyGate gear to get some compromising pictures of Panthers' brass.

11. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah well. They used it on Ras-I Dowling, who I think played about 5 snaps for them.

Oops, I meant to say, "Bellichik's a genius!!"

12. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Who's this guy the genius picked and got an A for this year?

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    a quick penetrating 3 technique with 2 bad knees :lolol:.

I don't mind Easley but wow I didn't expect him to go to the Pats in Round 1.

14. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Must say I'd heard little about him as a first rounder even a late 1st but they got their usual A. Just looked rated on nfl.com as a 3rd-4th rounder but it's an A on NFLN when he goes at 29. Bizarre.

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    at what time they start today?

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    15 more minutes!

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :bowdown:

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'm with you. I don't see any corners worthy of 46. I would like another big body, either Tuitt, Nix, or a LG like Yankey or TTF's guy from UCLA (not even gonna try and spell it). I am not a Hageman fan. Looks to me like he has very questionable motor.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was surprised he made it out of the first. Screw you Houston.

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow not a qb??? Houston has a trade for a back up vet in works

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Probably Demarcus Lawrence here.

23. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    good call :p

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    :smiley1:

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    A little surprising the Browns are taking Bitoniio over a WR here.