1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The O-line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 17, 2023.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    maybe you haven’t noticed, but Dotson is a big boy. He can move people. It could be he his assignment was a linebacker at the second level. It could be he moved his man faster than the other linemen. He also wasn’t the only one called for it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I couldn’t care less about the article. 3/10 penalties were illegal ma downfield. Dotson’s numbers are a bit inflated because of those. You’re going out of your way to find some dumb **** to argue about. Seriously, go argue with a wall.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the steelers are replacing him.

[​IMG]

:cool:

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are they on the Qb???
    I've often wondered, and tried seeing both sides of it. It's not a actual play action play, and I've never ran one.....So what makes You think it's the Qbs fault. Because usually it's not called out....it's a moment thing.....not being argumentative....truly asking why You see it that way.
    I do know they don't call it on some teams as frequently as others.....that is a fact. Just like the OL pushing in the back when a Qb takes off....it's illegal a all get out, but they seem to not see it.

5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The linemen are run blocking the whole way. They don’t know whether the qb has completed the handoff or pulled it to pass. If the qb pulls to pass he has to get rid of the ball before the linemen becomes ineligible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with this, but the ball is usually out very quickly. I actually think they watch it on certain teams more than others.
    Have You noticed that , or I'm I being Steelers bias???

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I can’t say. at this point I watch the Steelers and not much else. Too many other things going

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I like what the Steelers have done so far. Brought in a potential pro bowl guard and got some depth.

It's not a great class for OT and I don't think a potential starter will fall to us with the first pick. I'd pick the best player available there but go OT within the top 3 rounds if someone decent falls.

The reality is I think what they have now is largely what they will be going with.

MLB, Safety, CB, WR, and edge rusher are important picks also.

Albeit popular opinion I think the Steelers could compete for a title this year but mostly the main guys need to stay healthy.

We'll see ultimately the team's offense will have to be much better and score points. Excited to see what Kenny does in his second year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Kind of amazing isn’t it. When I was younger in my teens and early twenties I used to say I was a football fan and then a Steelers fan. But for a long time now the real answer is is that I’m a Steelers fan.

I pay very mild attention to the rest of the league but consume Steelers stuff daily like it’s the water I need to drink for sustenance, looking for any slight new break in news. Almost a sickness my wife would complain.

I haven’t even watched trash ESPN in like about a decade or NFL network in like 3 years.

• Like Like x 1