1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The o-line wasn’t that bad

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I wonder if Pickett would freelance at all… First-round pick—they aren’t going to cut him, and the alternative is Trubisky.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Will still have no running game and have to hold in TE to help pass block?

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We ran for 94 yards in the first half last week. We are averaging over 4ypc. Just stop

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    13th already

By season end we could be above 1 and into fractions

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Now that would be truly momentous! Good to see our new line coach is paying dividends and has these guys on an upwards trajectory.

but but but they suck

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually didn't understand why We stopped running.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Great to see. Credit to the players and Meyer. Much easier for a new QB to succeed with solid play up front. I really liked Dotson two years ago and Daniels in Chicago. Cole and Oko have grown. I'd still add a franchise LT. With that, and a good OC, this could be a really nice offense if Pickett is the answer. Now, about that expensive Defense... :facepalm:

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he was teasing

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it still sucks. we suck. for a while longer, maybe for some years, if Tomlin and Canada stick around

4.1 means crap - rank that in the league. and rank where 1-3 is vs some crappy teams!

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    lol

we haven't played anyone yet!

stay tuned.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Also, they weren't holding the tight end in to block nearly as much. Freiermuth was out in a route much more. That seemed to be a one-game adjustment to try to slow down Garrett.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is a good question. I don't know that Trubisky was being told to be so conservative with his throws. I think he was making those decisions. He seemed to open up a little in the first half Sunday. I wonder if the coaches told him to take more shots or if he realized he was on a short leash and had to make some plays.

Pickett clearly isn't afraid to throw the ball down the field over the middle. That was where the had much of his success last season at Pitt. In many ways, his tendencies are the exact opposite of Trubisky's. He is willing to attack down the field. He is not afraid to throw over the middle. He hangs in the pocket to get the throw off rather than looking to bail. I think that is why the offense responded so well to him, that and they seemed to be frustrated with Trubisky.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Najee and Warren atleast 25-30 touches a game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Dan Moore is just not the answer. Playing a bit better but still needs help on that side. Hopefully that would be the 1st round pick of the 23 draft.

But opposing offenses love our defense :facepalm:

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    mikey

we have played 4 NFL teams

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    did you really think this young group was going to take the league by storm? 3 of 11 are in their 2nd year. 3 were new to the team. one is a rookie. now two are rookies. one in his 3rd after being hurt most of his 2nd year. one more in his 3rd year. one in his 4th year. this is a pretty young group and playing as a unit even younger. i said awhile back that this unit will take some time to get it together. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    no - of course I did not, but SOME HERE do and did. We have mis-drafted for years, we are far from a great OLINE. Piss poor coaching to top it off.

Blame: Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin.

2 WR's in our first 4 picks this year

what a bunch of fools.

my HOPE is that yes, in another year or 2 , they will be good. but some here act like we are there already - we are FAR from it. we may win 4 games this year

19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah, FA addition(s) aside (and I hope there are some)... I think we'll see LT early in the first and then I'd draft all Defense. I'd literally just keep taking BPA on D round after round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    ILBer: Ba bye to Bush
    OLBer: Stop playing games and draft a stud to develop that can step in and be a force when spelling Watt and Highsmith.
    Strong Safety: Needs an upgrade. But I can see them offering Edmonds another year.

I would go the way of free agency for a corner opposite Sutton. Still don't trust them to draft a stud. And Witherspoon has withered going the way of Artie "Toast" Burns

If Pickett starts to light up the offense and shows its worth signing here this might attract some solid defensive players in FA. And not big money ones either but they are going to have to peel for a stud corner.

• Agree Agree x 1