1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Next One? A Possible Look At The Future

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fitzgerald Miss. St has all the tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I like him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Not #1 overall pick material.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he'd do well to stay in school actually. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, but perfect for pick #32!

6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Makes too many mistakes and is careless with football, yes indeed would be wise to stay in school. He will take the money and run.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  7. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016

Went off again last night. Him and David Sills V very well could be best QB/WR Duo in the nation.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    NC State had a bye this past week, but their QB Ryan Finley has been looking good. 6'4" redshirt Junior. 69% completion rate, 11 TDs, 0 Ints.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I like Finley as well.

That completion percentage is definitley something I look at; yards per pass completion no less.

Luke Falk is also a good option from my end as well.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rudolph-Ok St
    Fitzgerald-Miss St
    These are guys the Steelers would have a realistic chance at, forget about Rosen and Darnold.

11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The more college FB I watch this season, the more guys I see who have NFL potential. However, I don’t see any clear cut top choice. I don’t see any anyone - yet - that I would expect someone to trade a king’s ransom to move up for. I thought Darnold would be that guy early in the year, but his trend of not taking care of the ball has gotten to the point where it can’t be considered an aberration. It’s a part of who he is as a QB right now, and I don’t know that anyone can say with full confidence that it’s fixable. I watch him play and I see great potential, but a consistent sprinkling in of very negative plays. Could he be the next Jay Cutler?

I have yet to really watch film on any of the QBs, and have just watched games on live TV. However, the impression that I’m getting is that there can be as many as 6-10 guys with lower 1st round grades, but nobody that wows as high first rounders. If my first impressions are right, there will be no reason to trade away a bunch of picks to get into the top 10. There will be plenty of good QB prospects available in the teens to 20’s, maybe even at pick 32.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    i will pass on Rosen and Darnold too, One can't stay healthy and the other one like's to throw to the other team.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I watched the 55-52 Ok vs Ok State game yesterday. That was a fun game to watch. Both of those QBs show some good pro potential. Both made a few mistakes, but they both made a crapload of good throws. Rudolph has the size and arm talent that NFL teams look for. He also has decent mobility. After watching the game, I’m not sure that I can envision a scenario where he falls out of the top 10-15 picks. Mayfield is only 6’1”, but he’s a stout 220. I also see Aaron Rodgers type of mobility there, and he throws well on the run (at least when moving to the right). He’s the kind of guy who may go later because of his height, but I see something special in his on-field demeanor. He’s a winner, and I think he has the potential to be a really good pro QB.

In comparison to last year’s draft, I would slot both of these guys slightly below Watson (who I had as the best QB last year) and ahead of Trubisky and Mahomes.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i gotta agree elvis. i'd take either one of these two. they can win. mayfield is just a smidge over 6-0 by a quarter of an inch. that hurts. the kid from nc state looks pretty capable too. not sure if he leaves this year or not. i'm still keeping an eye on the kid from princeton too. falk still has to be in the mix. he sure spreads the ball around and thats something we haven't seen for awhile at least to that extent. it will be interesting to say the least. :cool:

15. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I actually have the Princeton and NC State games from this past weekend sitting on my DVR. I don’t know when I’ll get to watch them, but both QBs are on my radar.

I’ll also say that every time I watch Sam Darnold he looks like a great NFL prospect on 90-95% of plays. He makes a lot of legit NFL throws, and I like how accurate he is outside of the pocket. However that small handful of negative plays makes for a real head scratcher. Is he a true franchise QB, or is he Jay Cutler with better leadership traits?

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not sure how kanoff did last week. i know they lost. i did get to watch the two previous games by him and i have to say the kid can run the team and throw the ball.

i did watch a good bit of nc state. finley looks pretty solid this year.

i'm also still keeping an eye on ferguson from memphis too. like i said it will be interesting to watch.

mayfield seems like the gunslinger type. his mental part of the game may come into question as far as keeping emotions in check at times. his will, confidence and talent are not lacking though.

rudolph seems to have the better goods mentally. not bad physically either.

darnold i think needs to stay in school a year longer. so does mcsorley.

let me know how kanoff looked when you watch that game. :cool:

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I watched the Princeton vs Penn game. They lost 38-35, but it sure wasn’t his fault. I thought they got the win on a fade in the final seconds, but it was called incomplete (questionably IMO). Then they missed the short tying FG.

Kanoff is really accurate. I’m not sure I see a great NFL arm, but he does have good touch to get the ball between underneath and deep zone defenders. What I really didn’t like was how he stared down receivers. Watch his head. He seems to very frequently watch the guy he’s going to right off the snap. I’m sure I’ll watch more him before draft time.