1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mash Report - Kenny Pickett film breakdown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Come on Knox. To put lynch, Haskins, and even Mitch in 1st rounders not panning out for us..first we did not draft them. They were labeled as busts before they got here. To kick the tires and see what they have is never a bad thing. Dobbs and Mason are 4th and 3rd round picks. Not many start in the League. That's what the draft is..if the guy is on your board you take a chance. I'm not liking the recent drafts in general, but it is what it is.

I don't necessarily see these choices, bringing in talent for a eval is just part of the process. They had a Hof QB they invested a lot in..to much to late. But once that was done the options are limited.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    JMO, but I still believe that's a catch Claypool has to make. I see way more difficult catches every game, and He does have about 5 inch Height advantage on that Guy. Yes it could've, and should've been thrown better, but look at the try catch. He is always miss jumping, or jumping when He doesn't have to. This one .....He jumps , and it would have hit Him in the chest if it didn't bounce off His hands. If You jump, and a pass is going to hit Your chest....Well You seriously mis-timed the jump, or maybe shouldn't have jumped.:shrug:The pick thrown at Pat F....in My opinion was the bad one. Should never have been thrown. JMO

• Like Like x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And if he had caught the ball (and I agree he should’ve) everyone would have been commending Pickett for giving his big man an opportunity to catch the ball. How many times did we see Ben throw a ball like that giving his guy a 50/50 shot? For a 6’4” guy going against a 5’9” guy that’s more like a 75/25 shot. Claypool should have caught that ball. Instead of attacking the ball at it’s high point he inexplicably fell back away from the ball as he’s always prone to do. He has terrible ball skills. Pickens most definitely would have come down with that ball.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I understand what you’re saying, but there’s someone else getting paid millions to prevent that catch. That’s the thing with contested catches/jump balls/ 50/50 balls there is someone equally talented if not more so trying to prevent it from happening. Lead the receiver and the chances of success go up. Throw up a rainbow and your chances are diminished.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    You want my number?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I have to disagree with the FO not being good evaluators of talent based upon Lynch, Haskins and Trubisky. Lynch was brought in when Ben was hurt and sat on the PS the bulk of the time. The man wasn't even given an opportunity to start over Duck Hodges, which is more incriminating towards Lynch than the Steelers. Haskins was brought in some league minimum deal and was thought as nothing more than a 3rd string guy and was never a part of the plan moving forward or they don't sign Trubisky in the first place. I think this is more or less miss evaluations by the teams that selected them high in the first in the first place (Denver, Washington and Chicago). As for Dobbs and Rudolph, they're 4th and 5th round guys. Guys selected there are almost always going to hold clipboards for their careers. Guys like a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Dak Prescott are unicorns. The only real miss here has been Trubisky. But overall, this part isn't a Pickett bash but based upon reality, Pickett has better chances of being the next Haskins, Trubisky, Lynch, Blake Bortles, and so on and so forth than say a Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow based upon raw data alone. This doesn't mean that Pickett won't become an All Pro in the game either. Just seeing those aforementioned names and other guys like a Carson Wentz become busts just shows how foolish it is to draft QB's every 3-4 drafts like some teams have done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    All of those names, minus Pickett and Trubisky, were signed to be clipboard holders. What exactly were you expecting from any of those names selected other than being backups (Vick, Jones, and Rudolph)? Those are all 3rd and 4th string guys.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I watched KP career at Pitt, he is not afraid to run it. I hope and pray he
    does not do this alot in NFL, they will end his career before it get's started. Do your work
    in the pocket Kenny. NFL players can close quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Is your name Jenny?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And the next one compounds it

It happened here

I asked two posters for specifics and nada

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And a dislike from steel_haven :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You’ve committed a mortal sin if you ask for a source for the claims

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When I get to the pearly gates that will be way down the list of issues discussed

Kind of like one day PennDOT called me in to review my driving record and when I got there they flipped up about 8 pages of green bar paper

The subject of my also having drivers licenses in Missouri Texas Colorado and Illinois surprisingly did not come up

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Which throw, the hail Mary? They are all thrown that way, there aren't many quarterbacks that can throw the ball 65 yards in the air

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1