1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mash Report - Kenny Pickett film breakdown

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Oct 4, 2022.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Apparently you don’t realize how many quarterbacks bust

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Well how many is it? Show me the data. All I know is that the QB picks and pickups of the steelers from 2005 to present have been absolute hot garbage. Prove me wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    how about in a 25 year sample 1st round quarterbacks have over a 40% bust rate? What do you think happens when you start dropping down into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds…? Hate to break it to you but player evaluation isn’t an exact science by any stretch of the imagination. Another 25 year sample of everyone drafted nearly 50% bust. You can Google the data to your heart’s content it isn’t going to change. Have fun with your torch and pitchfork.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Hope many is what? Not are if you meant to quote something

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Not true. Here's how it went.......

Reporter- do you think it was production or a spark?

Trubisky- you would have to ask coach

DIFFERENT REPORTER- he said it was a spark

Trubisky- there you go

Body language? The term isn't meant literally. Facial expressions, head tilts, eye rolls....all part of body language.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Colbert and company's success rate with QBs after Ben has been zero % as far as I'm concerned. Throw out whatever BS you want about how hard it is to evaluate talent but you can't sit there with a straight face and try to convince anyone that the steelers have done a good job evaluating and bringing in QB talent since Ben. Like I said before, he hit a homerun with Ben and struck out with every other QB he either drafted or picked up. Show me 1 other QB during the Colbert era who achieved even average success here or elsewhere in the league since 2005. You can't. No torch and pitchfork here pal, just stating what I see. If you think I'm wrong, what other QB drafted or picked up by Colbert would you consider to have been a good pickup?

Edit: here's a list of QBs drafted by Colbert not named Ben and the ones I can think of that he signed:
    Kenny Pickett
    Chris Oladokun
    Mason Rudolph
    Josh Dobbs
    Landry jones
    Dennis Dixon
    Omar Jacobs
    Brian St Pierre
    Zach Mettenberger
    Mike Vick
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Paxton Lynch
    Dwayne Haskins
    Duck hodges
    Mitch Trubisky

There are probably others I missed who had a cup of coffee in Pittsburgh but this list is not exactly awe-inspiring.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Holy strawman batman!Im not trying to convince anyone of any such thing. It’s just absurd the lengths you and your ilk will go to find something to ***** about. Even this stupid list of yours. We need a backup and sign a decent one in gradkoski. You try to use it as some anti Steelers talking point. Haskins had all the physical tools and costs nothing. So the Steelers kick the tires to see if they can sort out his issues. To a normal person it’s not a big deal. To you on the other hand it’s some affront to god himself. Ben goes down leaving the Steelers short a qb. Steelers sign a guy to be the number 3 and you have a hissy fit 3 years after the fact. 5:00a, and you’re bent over backup quarterbacks. :roflmao:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Side note. But i really thought more would be talking about the breakdown game film I did. Maybe I need to go back to the screen shots.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You’re really grasping at straws here

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    KP will be ready, whether that will be enough I don't know? That is why they play the games.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I stopped watching when you said Puckett should have thrown the ball short to claypool. He did throw it short. It was also a rainbow that allowed whitehead time to get in position for the interception.

12. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Agree, this bs about QB is non-productive.
    You don't have to have a success rate when you have Ben.
    You just need a body, The Charlie Batches, Mason Rudolf's can get you through and they are cheap.

What I worry about more is Kenny Pickett.
    The Bills have some film on him now, so it is a different show.
    I want to see Canada come up with an offensive game plan that exploits that Buffalo rush
    And if our Receivers can beat their DB's off the line..
    With the run mixed in there to keep the rush honest.
    Buffalo is a tall task, and it will be difficult to have a lot of success.
    I hate it that we have so many DB's banged up. We're going to need them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You never answered the question, but nice rant. Please tell me again who is having a hissy?

• Like Like x 1
  14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Why would I? It’s far more fun to let you twist in the breeze getting your panties in a wad over backup quarterbacks

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I thought it was a reasonable question. No bunched up panties over here. Hope your day gets better bro.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Not really. I never said he definitely was pissed off, just that it seemed that way. It's my opinion based on my observation. I could be wrong. I could be right.
    We don't know what Mitch was thinking, Neither of us do. But the nature of the way that he answered the question certainly left it open to be interpreted as such.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    If he wasnt pissed off he should retire from the NFL. Id expect anyone pulled from any game where they are a competitor to be pissed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Kenny didn't have a single incompletion. Unfortunately three of his completions were to the other team. He seems to consistently put up huge completion percentages based on the small sample size of games he's played in the NFL. It's not like they're all 3 yard dump-offs either.

19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Still a little vague. Part of the press or employees by a team? Seems like there are 100 different options mascot?

20. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Mashburn...There was some commentary that in a couple games this year the opponents OC studied tendencies of the Steeler Lbs...where even the NYJ QB was reading this and exploiting and the Steelers DC had no answer but in his defense the D suffered some injuries to the starters this game which eft them vulnerable either way.

I get emotional watching the game live and was bummed about the way the D played but maybe it was more player failure of execution then the DC scheme?

Did you see any plays in the all 22 that validates that the Jets OC outcoached the Steelers DC?

Seemed like the Pats DC also outcoached the Steelers OC by dictating the Steelers to be super patient with dink dunk check downs. The Pats offense also out physicaled the Steeler front 7 and how rare is that over the past 20 years minus the past two years?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'll look them over. From memory the only thing i saw from being coached scheme that was bad, is every time they sent all LB in, they left the middle of the field wide open. Abs you could tell they were going to rush.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Appreciate your probe but that's as good as it gets.
    I am very guarded regarding personal and professional activities.
    :smiley1:

• Like Like x 4
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What? You’re not going to post your name and address to a public message board? Maybe throw in cell phone number too? :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    OK, lets be fair, the interception to Claypool is on Claypool, that was in his hands, he has to make that catch at the NFL level. The interception to 'muth also hit his hands, its a damn shame it hit him enough to tip it to the defender....as for the hail mary....well thats self explanatory, but the kid threw the ball over 65 yards in the air as well....kid has an arm.

• Like Like x 1
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    let’s ignore the fact it was under thrown and a freaking rainbow.