1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The loss to the Ravens means nothing unless...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Thigpen82, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    We fix all the crap that's been wrong for 4 years!

Starting by gutting and rebuilding the defense... including scheme.

3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I was afraid you were going to say "...the Ravens win the SB."

(ugh, threw up in my mouth a bit when I said that) :dizzy:

4. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    In means winning division means absolute crap were actually going to
    have a tougher schedule now

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    This loss means and lot, and can make this team learn several things from it.
    Actually, this game exposed several issues we have as a team and organization.

Sorry, couldn't resist to reply here. Trying to get my thoughts in order, hopefully I can post them today.

6. johnbonham

johnbonham Active Member

Dec 21, 2014
    This game did NOT dictate how good or bad the Steeler's were, are or otherwise !

I for one thought they would be a 500 team at best... then we witnessed Ben throw for almost 5,000 yards, Le'Veon Bell run for 1,360 + yards and Brown's 1,700 yards.... these are HUGE numbers ....

Not sure if I'm going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that Bell had a great deal to do with the success of the offense this season....responsible for keeping defenses on their toes and keeping them honest...he opened up opportunities on Offense that led to much of Ben's and Brown's success as well... the other way as well to an extent !

The Ravens had 2 BIG D-Linemen return which was big for them.... pressuring Ben throughout the game definitely made a difference...

Last but not least and I believe foremost...

The absence of our MVP running back contributed greatly to the teams lack of success tonight in every offensive aspect of their game.. running and passing... I truly didn't think it was going to keep us from winning this game but it became evident early on that it wasn't going to be easy without him !

With some defensive backfield tweaking, this team will be back and in the same position next year..there is no reason why they shouldn't be !