1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The lesser Devin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HueyWorley, Feb 7, 2021.

1. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin/Colbert can’t even draft the right Devin. White for the Bucs way better than Bush.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Also, might have put Arians out to pasture a little too soon

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't know who is better, but Devin White is all over the field like Ray Ray Lewis used to be!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    You do remember who was picked when right? If his first name wasnt Devin and it was John Smith this thread in that reality would be something akin to "Steelers cant even draft the right Inside Linebacker that wasnt available to them. Disgraceful." Kind of makes this topic seem pointless please tell me you track my logic here. If having the same first name puts you in a certain tier of people I'm changing my name to John D. tomorrow and maybe I can rule the world. First task for my vast resources will be deleting this silly thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Devin Bush got hurt in the beginning of the season. He had 26 tackles on the season and, had he continued, would have been another 100+ total tackle season for him. To say that the Steelers drafted the incorrect Devin simply because Bush Jr got injured in a season were soft tissue injuries were the highest the NFL had ever seen in over a decade is short sighted and unfair to Devin Bush Jr. Besides, Devin Bush Jr will regain 100% of his ability just as he did before the injury as ACL injuries are no longer career killers in addition to his age being so young as it is.

• Like Like x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I said be4. I don't remember a Oc we had (since the internet)until they were gone , that everyone didn't say sucked. I thought we wasted years by letting him go. Because we had changed so much. Offensively. We also haven't been back 2 the SB since he was let go. Of course you already knew that.

8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    And Cowher drafted Tee Martin over Tom Brady :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    They were both picked in the top 10, only a few picks apart, and they both play LB. Rumor was Tomlin and Colbert preferred Bush to White...not many shared that opinion. Sharing the same first name just makes for a quirky post, but the point remains the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But. But . He could run, and you know make Defenses have 2 use another guy on him. LoL. If he were in todays NFL he would be spectacular. LOL. What alot of people don't seem 2 understand. Is. If you can't play well in the pocket. You know, make all the throws, read the field, understand what you're seeing , make decisions quickly, with accuracy , and anticipation. U don't have 2 waste another defender on him. Cause u can free one up from the offensive player he can't see, throw 2 , or don't even know where he's at.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How were they going to trade up to get White :facepalm:?

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In Arians offense Ben was getting hit too much, Art II got rid of Arians.

13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah. It took Brady to straighten out Arians

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was averaging 5 tackles per game. That doesn't equal 100 this year. He has given up 6 TDs in pass defense so far. He has blitzed 64 times and has 2 sacks and only 3 pressures. We gave up three picks for him. Truth be told he's been pretty average. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

He would have had his season highs that game had he not been injured. In addition, that was his breakout game in his sophomore season. Again, have to give Bush Jr. some time.

Injuries are just as common as tackling..... with the exception of this season. Record breaking soft tissue injuries at that. When Bush Jr. went down, so did this teams abilities to cover the sidelines on long stretch runs/sweeps. Losing Dupree made things worse.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not that down on Bush really, my problem is the guy we keep trotting out next to him that hasn't forced a fumble in his career, and has never had 100 tackles season in his career. Run stopper my butt. LB is a problem spot. Dupree hurt but I think Highsmith will get better and so will Bush with some help next to him. That is a must in the draft.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Bur the point is utterly stupid. The team actually got Bush on a good deal moving up 10 spots, to move to 5 (if TB would have made that trade) it would have cost the 1 or 2 we got Minkah and Chase with, or even more picks to move before TB. Oh wait, you must believe like many Board GM's, that any team in the league will trade straight up with us because w are the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I agree about getting Bush Jr. some assistance sooner than later. I would hope the team, at the very least, looks into some one like Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah but I have every reason to believe they will not. I still have hope for someone like Dylan Moses though; Barron Browning even.

As for stopping the run, when Bush Jr. went down, teams like Baltimore and Buffalo, teams that rely heavily on Outside Zone/Man Concepts, smashed us into bits. Heck, even the likes of the Cincinnati Bengals had their way during the rematch. Once Bush's speed and range left, so did this teams abilities to cover the sideline's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Bush has another level burst of speed. He kinda reminds me of Troy P. in that regard. Problem is ... will he have that same speed when he comes back?

Vince isn't getting any younger. He is 31 I believe?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The same way they are going to trade up to a top 5 QB this year,or trade to get Watson and still have room to trade their 3rd round pick this year to move up in the 2nd...because Board GM's know how to make these type of moves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

As I have stated before and, will again, ACL injuries are no longer career killers. Devin Bush Jr. will be back to full strength come Training Camp.... assuming said Offseason Event happens. Never mind that though, keep in mind that he got hurt at the end of October. At the earliest, he will be back at it in mid April. No worries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    For anyone who has more questions about ACL Injuries and if players ever return to normal.....

Please read this.

You are welcome in advance. :drinks:

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh look Benny Lava is posting under a different name.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  25. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Multiple players on Bucs D peaked at the right time, almost exactly like the Patriots during Brady's tenure. It is uncanny!??

Overall their D was pretty average early in the season.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1