1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Voyage of the Demeter

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by S.T.D, Feb 22, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watch this movie the other day. If anyone read Dracula, or knows the movies they know what this is....it's the ship he took to London . I thought it was great ....except for the last 3 minutes when it seems they forgot We know the Dracula story. LoL...Even though their story comes from Dracula. LoL.
    Has anyone else seen this, and what did they think???

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I dig most things Vampire. I dug that it was from the original Stoker Dracula. I made an attempt to read that book years ago but I'm more a Salem's Lot reader. I probably would not have known about it but ran into it by chance on Showtime. I loved the atmosphere of the movie. Good head going on got me into it. I'm an old salt and glad we had steel ships;) Awesome scene's of sailing. I think every vampire movie I've seen refreshes the Dracula story.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Both of my paternal grandparents are from Sibiu Romania which looking at Google Maps of that region is about 1 hour (as the bat flies) from Dracula's Castle. Needless to say, I'm a huge vampire and Dracula fan and will definitely check this out. And if MacDaddyo asks what's cooking, it'll be a tossed wolf bane salad and honey glazed BBQ'd bat wings. :zombie:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dracula is a great book My friend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've told You before, but one of My Grandparents are also.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    So STD and MDPF have Vamp blood in them. Gentlemen, watch True Blood and get back to me for dealership;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Watched it last night with my Lady and it was very well done and from an otherwise missing unique perspective. Very creepy interpretation of Dracula. Liked the ending - sort of like the ending to Silence of the Lambs with Hannibal casually walking away ready to wreck havoc on the world. Unfortunately the movie bombed at the box office (up against Barbie :facepalm: and Oppenheimer) and any thoughts of a sequel with perhaps Clemens meeting up with Van Helsing in the hunt for Dracula won't be happening anytime soon. Thanks for the tip STD. :thumbs up:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Hey, good reference to Silence of the Lambs. I think the movie would have bombed without Barbie and Opp against it. I liked it but not many movie goers go for that sort of movie now days. They wait for it to come on TV. I'm waiting for MAX to get The Zone of Interest. Watched Barbie, so corny but Margot Robbie is my next wife. Waiting for Opp which should be soon. Another poster said seeing it in a theater is the way to watch it and I agree but I ain't big on movies in theater's and certainly not 3+ hour ones.

Godfather. Last long movie I watched in theater. Hell, they actually had an intermission. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See I loved it all , but the idea of Clemens meeting up again....because We already know what happens in London....unless his meeting up with him was very short.
    Also ...I'm glad You enjoyed it.