1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The last three weeks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I know everyone (including me!) is jazzed up about the playoffs next week, but I don't wanna overlook what I just witnessed over the last three weeks.

Three games against the AFC North
    The first two were basically "lose and go home"-type games
    All three were to extend Tomlin era record win streak
    All three were come from behind wins

What a great three weeks! Pittsburgh is the undisputed King in the North. The Steelers definitely made my holidays much better. I think these three games will be staying on my DVR for a while.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Storybook ending or na?

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I will be keeping today's game on my DVR for a while as well for comedic purposes. Just a comedy of errors in so many ways from the clowns. My wife got home and said "I figured you were mad because it took ot for them to beat a 1 win team" and I said "Actually I spent most of the day laughing at how sad it was that Cleveland couldn't beat our backups with their starters". Although, I will say in Cleveland's defense, when Gannon was like "All they had to do was kneel 3 times and kick it" when does anyone ever do that? Not saying they don't but generally don't most teams get their rb to "line it up" where the kicker would prefer it? I honestly can't think of the last time I saw a team take 3 knees and kick it. Can anyone else think of when they saw that?

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't.

I didn't hear the comment though, was Gannon saying that in jest? Because you don't have to wait until 4th down to kick it.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No he was being serious and then they were saying it on NFL Network. The absolute funniest thing today though was when Gannon said "Tomlin's gonna end it right here" when he decided to go for it on that 4th down in ot because it came off like Gannon was saying that he figured Tomlin knew that Landry would blow it. Did anyone else catch that comment and think it came off that way? I actually mentioned it in the game thread.

6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I took it that way too, lol.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Absolutely

8. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, I took "right here" as meaning "on this possession," meaning no field goal attempt on this drive no matter what, TD or bust.

10. BadwordLebeau

BadwordLebeau Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I liked Gannon's Jarvis Landry misfire when referring to our QB

11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea he called him Jarvis Landry at least 3 or 4 times which I thought was hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd say you're right about that. Although he also might have meant that Tomlin was about to kill himself. LOL!

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree! Great wins! But...

We've fallen behind by an average of 2+ touchdowns in these three games. IF we do that in the playoffs our visit there will be short-lived.

--Wet Blanket :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Gannon had a hangover,no one kneels on the ball 3 times especially with the other team having 3 time oute.....stupid comment. I think his comment about Tomlin ending it now we took it subliminally as LJ was definitely gonna blow it :smiley1:

15. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    11 game win streak here we come!