1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The key's to winning this game are these.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    1. Keep #7 clean, give him time and we will beat the Ravens.

2. Stop Ray Rice, this includes him catching the ball.

3. No turnovers

4. No stupid penalties.

5. Pressure Whacco I mean Flacco, he will choke.

Do these things and we will be partying in the Steel City about 11.30

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree on all of these, but will they happen?

:amen:

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You forgot one - SCORE MORE POINTS!!

Other than that - I agree those are probably the top 5 keys.

I think this game will be different from the Patsies game, strategically in one respect. I do not think that controlling the time of possession is as important. I think that the Steelers D can hold Flake-O & Co. as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over deep in our own territory. Also, unlike this past Sunday, I think that the longer the OFFENSE is on the field, the greater the chance of #7 getting hit and getting hurt. If the offense DOES stay on the field and Ben stays upright, it will be because they are getting the ball out quickly and not needing the time in the pocket that gives the Ratbirds a chance to get to him.

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You could say the same thing about their keys to winning. They are probably saying exploit the weak OL of the Steelers and get to BR. Get in his face and rattle him and he'll turn it over. Based on his last performance against the dirty nasty sky-rats, I can't argue with that.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was actually thinking the same thing.

6. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    According to Rat's fans, the officials are the key.
    ==============================================
    Re: Walt Coleman's Crew is Assigned for Pittsburgh Game
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who cares if we are "complaining" about the refs before the game. They have literally done their best to screw us in every game the past 4 years except for the afc championship game and Flaccos first game against them.. That was the one game where it was actually fairly called.

They even tried keeping them in the last game we played. It's ridiculous.

And all Steeler fans can just go **** themselves. Really. I don't care what you have to say. It is so damn east to not complain about the refs when they are your sidekicks and ALWAYS give you the call when it matters.

Pouncey MOVED THE BALL A YARD FORWARD on 4th and one and they didn't do anything about it ! There was no holding on Webbs touchdown. And they called defensive holding on terrance cody on a RUN PLAY, so they had an extra 4 chances to score the "game winning" touchdown.

Yes it must be great playing when you get an extra 4 chances to score while your opponent has their gamebreaking touchdown taken away arbitrarily. And to have an extra yard for those pesky 4th and 1 conversions. Seriously. We should have gotten a draft pick from the Steelers fir that crap. How is that allowed in a playoff game? To move the ball when the ref ain't looking... Wtf

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Score 1 more point than those RatSunzaBitches.

:D

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm thinking someone should run warrant checks on the Raven's players before the game. This would probably clear out a good number of their players and solve some criminal complaints at the same time! I"m not saying...I'm just saying!!!

9. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A tweet from Steelers Depot at 10:25am on 11/04 might help this:

Word starting to leak out that Harrison will indeed be cleared to play Sunday night! If true, WOW! :rawk:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I knew it! Love the misinformation from the Steelers this week. I read yesterday that Mark Kaboly of the Tribune was predicting %100 for Harrison to play after leaving the training facility, and %0 for Woodley.

11. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    another tid bit for Steelers Depot : Linebacker Jason Worilds (quad) returned to full participation in practice.

This week is getting better and better!!!

12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wish they didn't say anything till game day. maybe they pull Lamar out of the WOODwork too. That would be incredible... keep those fools guessing...