1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Jags have put the Steelers in 1st place in AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Oct 25, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With the Jags 12-7 win over the Rat Birds, the Steelers are now in 1st place in the division. This should be great motivation for the Steelers to win the next three game, The Patriots, the Rat Birds, and the Bungles. After that, the remainder of the schedule is weak. We can take over the AFC as the best team with home field advantage throughout the playoffs. This is a great opportunity for the Steelers. Lets hope they take full advantage of it.

2. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Looking at the remaining schedule:
    Steelers: REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Patriots (5-1), vs. Ravens (4-2), at Bengals (4-2), at Chiefs (3-3), vs. Bengals (4-2), vs. Browns (3-3), at 49ers (5-1), vs. Rams (0-6), at Browns (3-3)
    Ravens: REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Cardinals (1-5), at Steelers (5-2), at Seahawks (2-4), vs. Bengals (4-2), vs. 49ers (5-1), at Browns (3-3), vs. Colts (0-7), at Chargers (4-2), vs. Browns (3-3), at Bengals (4-2)
    (bolded the games that I think that each team could lose, not really sure about the Bungles)

So pretty even for both teams, the Ravens @ Steelers will have a huge impact on how the division will end up in my opinion, ideally the Steelers will win against the Patriots (it should be do-able, but will require the Offense to play flawlessly ... it will probably be a shootout, our D never manages to stop Brady which means that the O will have to keep up with him and limit his opportunities. Maybe even take a page out of Sean Payton's book and steal a possession like he did in the SuperBowl against the Colts).

I've said it before - if they want to win the division, they'll probably have to go at least 1-1 in these two games to win the AFC-N, ideally the win being against the Ravens (tie-breaker reasons).

3. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Obviously, if we win against the Pats it's a huge confidence boost and could get into the heads of the ravens players, especially since they seem to maybe be having a little locker room meltdown. I hate to be negative, but I still think we play down to bad opponents (or to the level of opponents) too much for me to not think we have one stupid loss to a weak team. Maybe the browns. I think we come out your bolded teams 2-1. Not only for, strategic conference stuff, but I hope it's back to back wins against the pats and the ravens. I can't stand losing to those teams the most in the AFC. The x-factor is right now is the bungles. But, what helps us there is that their new good players (QB most imp.) haven't really seen upset in person. The D even in it's lesser form this season intimidates most new QB's for a while. I think we do fine against cincy.

I can't give say too much about the ravens. There i just hope you're correct.

I think if we beat the pats (for once since 04 was it?) and avenge the ravens beat down we could go on a scary run in this conference. The pats are the only solid team on this side of the NFL.

4. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If we want to be the team to beat in the American Football Conference, we win these next 2 games. Especially since they're home games.

5. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Absolutely. These next 2 games SHOULD be our toughest opponents. And it feels like we are finally starting to gel and put things together. Especially on offense.

6. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't count the Bungles as automatic wins just yet. Remember, it's only been two years since they came out of nowhere to win the division. They've beaten a good Bills team, played the Niners close, and have a top 5 defense. No question though, we have to take care of business at home these next two games.

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess this key is right now we have played one extra game more than the Ravens or Bengals. So, we do have a half game lead right now, but if those teams had played the same number of games and been 5 -2 also, we would (technically) be in third place with the tie breaker system. This being because both the Raisins and Bungles are 1 - 0 in the division and we are 0 - 1. Therefore, we really need to beat the Raisins in two weeks and the Bungles in three weeks. Of course, I believe (and hope) that the Raisins are not a good road team this year. (At least what they have shown so far.) I am not sure what to think of the Bungles right now.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

This is our time people. Jags do us big fav by beating Rats last night. NOW IT OUR TURN!!

We have the Patsies this week. We are a 2.5 point UD.....IN OUR HOUSE. If that doesnt motivate us nothing will. Dick ( ) LaBeau turns our passrushers loose on Marsha like a pack of pit bulls on a T-bone.Get in her face!!
    Mendy, Red and our O-line pound the ball, control the clock and keep her on sideline.Thats how you beat her!!

Rats up week after that. REDEMPTION DAY. If the asswhoppin' (hope I can say that TTF) we took in week 1 doesnt motivate us for this game than I dont know what will.If I was on this STEELER team and went through the beating we took in week 1.Right after that game Id want a shower and 20 minutes to suit up and play again!!Guys had six weeks to chew on it.

These next two weeks will define our season.Win them both we take control of the AFC!!!!

ITS OURS FOR THE TAKING.....LETS TAKE IT!!!!!

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i wish the steelers would put themselves in first place. they have the opportunity to do so in the next couple of weeks. the defense has to remain constant and the O has to pick it up to a new high. they have the weapons and i hope legursky can be back on the o-line in kemoeatu's spot. or merideth. anyone but coconut head. :cool: :swordsman: