1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The hands of Mike Wallace

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Emerald Steel, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    In a post-game interview, Mike Wallace revealed that his hands are actually allergic to footballs, which is why he continues to have so many dropped passes.

Arians was asked to respond to this, to which he said "we'll continue to throw deep to him, as often as possible".

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL. I saw Arians say that. It' true everyone!

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I heard he had a well diagnosed phobia of running short routes which causes him much anxiety.

4. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    as funny as this thread is, the unfortunate truth is that Wallace's game fell way off in the second half.

i hope he goes into the offseason and spends some time with Brown. Brown plays the position the way its supposed to be played. he fights for everything and he acts like every play could be his last.

5. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree.Wallace was a non-factor the second half of the season.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I also think AB is much more well rounded than Wallace. BUT we do have to remember that BA WANTS 1 dimensional guys. I mean do you really think he tries to get him to run anything but deep?

7. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    bingo

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wallace seems to be the one trick pony that Tomlin called him, but that's not a bad thing if they know that and use him to his skills. He's a great deep threat and we need that just as long as he understands that.

9. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That is due in large part to the team not game planning to utilize talent. When Ben plays it is lets game plan to do all the things Ben likes. THe bubble screen to Wallace, doesn't work because it has been scouted and they telegraph it. However that end around on the goal line was brilliant. The run my Brown again nice but work off that fake the end around and throw it to Wallace or Ward or Saunders, Miller what have you but game plan to utilize the talent you have and use it correctly instead of hey Wallace run deep on every play.

10. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    when was the last time he caught a long ball? either he drops it or ben over throws him. Ben use to always under throw him. what the deal.

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe it was a PA pass from Charlie Batch against the Rams. Which is when I would be taking shots down the field as well when they are stacking eight or nine to stuff the run instead of when you have over/under coverage with a possible third coming in on the play.

12. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    for all the people knocking Wallace, I bet its a little frustrating when you are the fastest dude on the field blow 20 steps ahead of a DB just to have an injured Ben wobble a pass somewhere in your direction. Yeah, I get it Wallace is suppose to go fight for those balls, however that isn't Wallace's Strengths. He isn't big and physical like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson. The problem with this team is they don't play with their strengths at any position and its mostly due to coaching. Examples

Mendenhall: He is quick burst finesse running back. Most of his play calls are for up the gut, instead of packer sweep or toss to the outside.
    Redmen: good in short goal stations (excluding this playoff game), they put Memo in
    Rothelisburger when healty: Strong at hitting passes where he rolls out of the pocket, also excellent Play action passer. What do they do? throw 50 times a game deep down field on 3 step drops, or take a sack
    Heath and Hines: good possession receivers, what do they do? Hines bench, Heath block

I'm sure there are plenty other examples, I didn't even touch the D

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This ain't how you be great!

14. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Love it! Wallace fans....he is a one trick pony! I kept yelling stop throwing him the ball...

15. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    And his suppose to be "fast"..... his ass took his sweet time coming back to the huddle enough- contributed to the delay of game and the burned TO...... someone needs to get in his ass.

16. moonface

moonface Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    My wallpaper on my computer is a picture of Wallace taking a catch in the corner of the endzone for the game winning touchdown against Green Bay, a couple of seasons ago. Remember, that was after a 5 game losing streak. Fantastic bit of coaching from Tomlin in that game.
    But I admit when I look at that picture I can't help but think it was that catch that made Santonio Holmes expendable. For all his problems I still think Holmes is far better than any WR we have on our team.
    He can do one thing our receivers can't and thats get seperation !!!

17. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i completely dissagree with Ben wobbling a deep pass to Wallace. Ben was over throwing Wallace fr the most part the entire season. something that know one thought was possible. Wallace struggled pure and simple and when the ball did hit him he usually dropped it. last night Ben hit him for what should have been a 52 yard gain, but Wallace dropped it. the pass although under thrown was actually put in the perfect spot. the Broncos had a guy under and over Wallace and Ben put it in a spot that only Wallace could get to and it hit him right in the hands.

Wallace was not a money reciever the second half of the year.

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Yep.

19. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The only time I yell that is when he's in the flat. When will BA/Ben realize that Wallace is NOT Hines...he's not going to run over anyone to get 6-8 yards on that play!

20. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

The pass to Wallace sucked.

21. 6stinkyfingers

6stinkyfingers Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2011

In the first quarter Wallace toasted Bailey on an up an out and should have been an easy throw - Ben puts a duck 3 yards out of bound. Later Sanders gets behind the corner and should have been another easy TD - Ben over throws him by 5 yards.

They all sucked a mighty suck

22. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Makes you wonder if they practice the deep ball during the week. If so, what does it look like? Did they hit it most of the time and go into the game believing they are practiced up and ready to hit it this time? Was it a change in game tempo or adrenaline then that made it go bad? Or did it suck in practice, but they figure its worth a shot anyway.
    I am at a loss on how many incompletions there were on overthrown long balls.

23. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm with you, there. At this point, when I see a long ball, I expect an incompletion. Lol!

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

And it seems like Brees, Rodgers and Brady complete the long ball at will.

25. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I watched the Saints, Lions game, and even Matt Stafford was dropping the passes in there. C.Johnson was the only one reeling them in, toward the end of the game. Brees was... Brees. Rifling that ball in there. However, several of Brees' passes were to receivers who were very open just like the receivers Tebow was hitting (sometimes). Man, I can't call it, but even before the high ankle sprain by the Browns, Ben wasn't sticking the long ball. I can't call what's going on there. All I can say, for sure, is Ben ain't gettin' it out there with any consistency.