1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud didn't even have an assist. That's pretty bad against a run team. I watched him watch teammates get in on the tackle.

2. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He threw them in a stat padding situation. Triple covered JuJu? That td wasn't there. The go up & get it lob at the half didn't have the right personal for that type of throw imo.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The good:
    The W
    Run defense
    Spilltrain (Spillane-train)
    Offensive diversity
    The OL (honorable mention)

The bad:
    Halftime adjustments
    Dropped passes (DJ & JC primarily)
    DJ's injury bug
    Turnovers
    Tipped balls
    Play calling
    Joe Haden being out of position or simply getting burnt
    Coaches not knowing that you can't block out of the bunch formation before the pass is caught and subsequently not instructing the players on how to legally run that play.

The ugly:
    Ben's decision making
    Ben's forcing the ball to covered receivers
    Minkah - when he isn't taking bad angles or committing terrible penalties, he is still spearing people. He speared a tackled receiver during a late drive that probably should have been a 15 yard penalty and extended the drive.
    Playing for only half a game

Encouraging thing is that our biggest problems, other than our secondary, are most all correctable. We played a bad half of football and still got the W. Now we're on to the Ravens with a bad taste in our mouth. Film study should give us a LOT to work on.

I think we are going to be even better prepared for the Ravens than we would have been if we had blown out the Titans.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If...They had he lined up in the middle, to stop the run...And all they do is run... Shouldn't he have at least one tackle, Or a least an assist...

We all understand we won, But Dud played like **** C'mon

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The good:
    1. We won
    2. Stephen goskowski reverted to type
    3. Overall run defense
    4. Cam sutton and terrell edmunds
    5. Spillane's hit on henry (hit of the year candidate) (to bad espn no longer does jacked up)
    6. 1st half game plan
    7. Ray ray

The bad:
    1. Second half game plan
    2. Luck of the bounce in tennessee's favor

The ugly:
    1. 2nd half ben

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was helping push the Titans OL back, by playing in the middle, you guys act like he was out there half assed like Mark Barron :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Bud was positioned in the middle for containment purposes in case henry broke free..... the game plan sacrificed stats in favor of the team approach

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Lol...He did such a great job of containment that, He couldn't even get a hand on somebody, the whole game.. C'mon.. Some of you guys are something!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I think what people need to understand is that it is going to take more than Robert Spillane, Ulysees Gilbert III and Marcus Allen to replace Devin Bush. Just about the entire Linebacking Corps will have to. Having Dupree as an ILB was a unique wrinkle and one that TJ Watt was used in the previous two weeks.

I imagine both will get comfortable once they have been slotted in enough. Give it some time. Inside Linebacker is a lot different than being a Rush Linebacker.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Him moving around like that caused them to make mistakes in the blocking scheme. That allowed Heyward and others to get to Henry in the backfield before he got a head of steam. I don't know why he wasn't credited with even an assist. I saw him at the bottom of a few of those piles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud was on the outside also. I'll just say he was a non-factor in this game. Tenn. might have game planed for Bud somewhat but the opportunities he had in that game he didn't take advantage of. Their left tackle contained him for the most part when he was playing that side with the Rbs help at times. Bud wasn't too hungry this game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm going to disagree on Bud. He constantly set the edge...i dont know how he didn't get at least a few half tackles...I saw him get Henry a few times. One that comes up is was Watt crashing backside and getting Henry low and Bud hitting him high.

Go back and watch the tape (especially you all 22 people) I think you will see a man causing disruption and doing his job

HACK

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You guys just looking for something to complain about, Dupree isn't going to pile up sacks every game.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Faux outrage, who the hell cares? They held Henry to 75 yards, and they won, Claypool did nothing either are you going to complain about him too?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    The thread was " the good, and bad, and the ugly "... That's what I did...Kick rocks!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That final INT reminded me of Favre in one of his multi-INT games... throwing into triple coverage. Steelers were lucky it didn't backfire on them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Probably why he doesn't have a contract. Steeler brass see this too. :sleepy:

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, group effort. Kaboly explained it a little:

Titans we’re actually the perfect team for them to face their first game without Bush. Going to be tougher when they face teams that will spread them out and cover receivers in the slot or Andrews down the seam like next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He will get a big contract from another team :shrug:.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Good:
    We won
    Pouncy's name hasn't been talked about in the negative all season.

Bad:
    Too many penalties

Ugly:

We let yet another team into a game that should have been a dobe deal.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pouncey has been very good, which is a bit of a surprise given how poorly he played last season.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think this is another indication of Futchner's weakness. Pouncey has been steady his entire career.....except when Ben wasn't there to negate Futchner.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think that is a serious stretch to blame the offensive coordinator for the center playing poorly.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't. The center is the QB of the offensive line and when erratic play selections are brought in it calls for unusual blocking and execution. If the o-line is experiencing odd play selections the leader of the O-line is going to look bad.