1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly (or the Bad, the Worst, & the Ugliest)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Sep 8, 2019.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Good

The players looked nice in black and gold.

The Bad (can I just say everything?)

The Coaching - the Steelers were not ready to play. The Steelers defense played like it was last fall, while New England adjusted and the Steelers had no answers.

The Players - I thought there was more talent on this team.

The Ugly

The play calling was terrible. I am sick of the shotgun on 3rd and 1 or near the goal line. Why not use the fullback in short shortage.

Moncrief and Switzer need to give up their reps to Dionte Johnson and Washington. Play the young talent and let it grow.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The good : it was only the 2nd worst loss in history

The bad : thinking we were gonna win in Gillette

The ugly: pats winning #7 with brown

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    this team hit every branch on the ugly tree tonight

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Man...this.

6. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    The ugly is watching a head coach have no confidence in his team and not going for touchdown on the 1 yard line and kicking a fg basically giving up on team and all momentum little that it might have been

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The bad = we got off the bus

The ugly = we stepped on the field

The good= my Yankees beat some chowda heads tonight

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    There is no Fing way they win 7 SB with AB. He will ruin them and their team. I’m betting on that

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Our team was teenage Oprah ugly

• Like Like x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    NFL football is not really football anymore. It's Arena League rules with NFL talent.

The plays that could turn momentum around in one shot are gone. Defenses play scared and QBs and receivers do not fear being hit.

The Steelers way was always about intimidation and fear. That isn't allowed anymore.

Combination of that, bad head coach and really bad drafting the last 7 years has brought the Steelers to this.

They've done well drafting in certain spots but their misses have been complete busts and that's what's killed them. That and the fact that Tomlin doesn't really know how to player develop.

If I had to use an analogy, Tomlin is a game manager QB. When all the pieces fit, he just has to not screw it up and he's won alot of games like that. But once he has to scheme or adjust, he is a complete buffoon.

And the sad part about all this is even if they fired him, who's out there? Another pretty boy offensive genius? Someone young so they can "relate" to the current players?

That's complete horse****. The two best coaches in the NFL are defensive coaches who have old school whips with their teams. BB and John Harbaugh. Tomlin doesn't whip anyone and he doesn't really relate to anyone now. He's just there.

Steelers are like a. NBA team that wins 45 games and make the 8th seed. Its purgatory. No end in sight but not dead either. It would be better for the long haul for the team to eat **** this year and start over completely. That's all I got on this.

I know many will say it's just the first game but it's not. This Ill prepared pile of trash has been going on for as long as I can remember. It wont change. Steelers ownership need to let the year play out and start over. Otherwise you waste 2 more years of this without starting the new plan which will take a while to ramp up to title contender. Steelers have a top 3 QB, the best RB and best receiver, all in their primes, and could not even get to the Super Bowl. In an offensive only league. The party is over. Tomlin will NEVER win this team a Super bowl again.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I really really hope you're right, but I doubt it. If he goes ape **** again, they'll cut his dumbass. Tonight showed belicheat that he doesn't need AB (whether or not they're that good or we're that bad), and he's not going to put up with any bs.
    I think that the Chiefs so far would be the team that best matches up with them

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Why did they wait until the end of this embarrassing whooping to get big Vance involved?
    What's going on with him and Ficht?

13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The Good: The back up center is very very disciplined and was given an atta boy on National TV by the head referee.

That's all I got.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The thing is we have not yet proven the offense works without Brown. Think about it. We were horrible in the last game of the regular season when Brown did not play and it looks like we still have no answers.

When Brown was double teamed, it opened up easy catches for everyone else plus Brown still got his. All that is gone now. No more trickle down effect because Juju does not have to be double teamed. This is a HUGE negative. We took this advantage for granted and I think the offense will never be the same. Better keep building the defense and call different plays on offense. I think the first half of the season will be very ugly as we adjust slowly to life without our previous advantage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Fichtner is livid . He believes McDonald is holding out on the McDs discounts...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The play calling was beyond ugly. Don’t know if it was Fichtner or BB, but on one drive the same play was called three times in a row to go three and out. I don’t even do that on Madden and some genius thinks that it would work against a NFL defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope your are right. I'm betting it's the other way. BB is the athlete whisperer.

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The Good: There isn't any

The Bad: Everything else

The Ugly: We still have 15 games of this garbage to go.

19. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    hey, let's look at the bright side of things...

our locker room is now drama free!

20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The Good: It was a game on the schedule that we were supposed to lose. If we were scheduled our weakest opponent instead, we probably would have lost anyway.

The Bad: Everything else.

The Ugly: The future. The offense will probably never be as good as it used to be when Brown was playing. Our identity was a high power offense with a hopefully improving defense. It is very probable the offense is permanently downgraded. The defense may be better, but you cant see that in a game when your offense is doing nothing but hurting you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We made the playoffs in 1989

• Like Like x 1
  22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree in general - I think the defense looked ok in the first quarter. Our lack of offense did the damage early on.

I'm not sure about never being as good - Dionte Johnson has good moments, JW also. Moncrief looked awful. The offensive play-calling didn't seem to want to give anyone any help whatsoever. There's room to get better at least.

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This was exactly my thought as I was watching.

24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Are you seriously going to compare Tomlin to Noll???

The 89 start was far worse either way.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    But still lead by a moron.