1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The good the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 8, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Good:
    TJ watt and majority of the defense

Bad:
    The loss... to a nameless team

Ugly:
    Injuries and we are trending the wrong way.

I’ve never seen people so happy to see us lose lol

2. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    In the end, the only thing that matters is the injuries. Injuries are the biggest hurdle for them reaching their goals of a Division Title, #1 seed in the play-offs and then the SB.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It is real simple, injuries and Covid ruined what could have been a very special season.

3 games in 12 days thanks to Covid. A running back we really need is out thanks to Covid.

I do believe we are going to take a big fall now but minus Covid and the huge injuries this was an amazing Steeler team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Ugly: The team as a whole, Ebron, the wonderful zebras.

Bad: Injuries mounting, Ben rubbing his elbow in the 4th quarter, play calling, lack of heart to run the ball.

Good: Hilton came to play, Watt as usual, and Highsmith played solid for his first start, Sutton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    good
    defense looked great in the 1st half
    Hilton came to play, he played well

bad
    looked like a lot of subs in the 2nd half defense
    didn't listen to the news in the last week, just curious why Baltimore got an extra day of rest since weds
    not sure why we relied on a rookie RB on a 4th down pass play to make a catch

ugly
    WR drops
    1st half failure from the 1 yard line

6. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Saints are winning despite losing their QB for weeks.
    While injuries/illness definitely takes away from our team, I don't believe it is even close to being our biggest issue. Every team has injuries. Our offence needs to be entirely remade or 11-0 is as good as we're going to get this year.

It's time for Tomlin to earn his money

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The good:
    1. Tj watt, Tuitt, Heyward, mike hilton

The bad:
    1. Play calling and overall coaching
    2. Playing down to a sub 500 team yet again

The ugly:
    1. Run blocking
    2. The dropped passes

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Fitchner throwing the ball to a rookie RB, who was never known to be a pass catcher..On the biggest play of the game/ to win or lose the game...Is all you need to know about Fitchner...

Doesn't know how to call a game, then on the biggest play of the game...Tries to " trick " somebody on a highly low percentage type play...Instead of, doing the opposite and scipting a high percentage play for your best player!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m done with randy. Ben needs to stop throwing so much, I don’t care if our run game sucks. Try something else

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Comparing the Saints offense to the Steelers offense is like comparing checkers to chess. The Saints have an offensive genius running their team. I always said that when Ben leaves we will all see what Tomlin has. It is time for him to earn his money. Poor offensive designs both running and passing game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    TJ watt grabbed and tackled a running back coming out of the backfield and led to another set of downs on the goal line because of his holding. He also failed to simply fall on a fumble and instead tried to pick it up and run with it. I agree he had some good plays but those two gaffs were costly

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Um, we only do Good, Bad and Ugly when they win.

BBH just throwing a wrench in everything!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The good: Watt played his ass off, Defensive Line was solid, Hilton was a one man wrecking crew plays like a 210lb safety, time management in 4th quarter being down by 3 with the ball in Bens hand with 2 mins is all you can ask for.

The bad: Watt not falling on a fumble, lack of run game, lack of deep passing game, time management end of 2nd qtr

The ugly: Confusion in secondary in 4th qtr , wheel route to rookie RB on crucial play either Ben missed or he didn't run the route wide enough. General play calling has been the exact same for 3 weeks

The puke my guts out ugly: Not being able to punch it in from a 1/2 yard out pathetic

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Someone needs to rally the troops lol

spin some positivity

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I can't get on him so much for that although it was like a turnover. He was sticking his hand out and it happened to be inside the runner pads and his eyes were on the ball. It wasn't intentionally done, just a freak accident based on my observation. The roughing the kicker was another turnover. SO much went wrong its hard to narrow to a few things.

16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Throwing to a inexperienced RB is better than throwing to a lineman with two left feet at the goal line. And even if he caught it he would have been short it looked. Pitiful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The ugly: coaching, game planning and preparation. 2nd half adjustments that were non-existent as compared to DC. Another lead squandered to a team we should have blown out.

The uglier: player execution, offense all day long, defense in 2nd half, penalties on TJ and roughing the kicker- both were like turnovers

The ugliest: Overall trend in the total team play and lack of corrections from multiple prior games that were even called out by the HC in talk tough speeches. Obviously worthless. Now, lack of respect from all media and increased confidence by our remaining opponents.

So many problems to list and unfortunately cloud over some good things that happened. We're in big trouble.

18. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The failure to punch it in from the one was frustrating, but we held them to a 3 and out, good field position, and scored on the next play, so that's kind of a wash

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The holding penalty hurt, but the fumble, which he forced by the way, was not that big of a problem... It still forced a punt.... The problem was that the offense couldn't get the job done

• Agree Agree x 1