1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 14, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was bad in the second half, it could've been due to him playing through a injured ankle. He's in the running for DROY.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Rivers said he went after Hilton because at the end because Hilton was waving to the Chargers sideline, I liked how Fitzpatrick went up to Rivers and shoved him.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The ugly
    Tuitt leaving the game due to a pectoral injury, just hoping it's not season ending, he was on his way to having his best season.

5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    According to the Good morning football crew on the NFL network he is the front runner to win it. He leads the entire NFL with 6 take aways so far.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Nick Bosa will be his main competition for DROY.

7. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Bosa totally wrecked the Browns on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

9. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Kyle Brandt said on Good Morning Football that Bush is not only one of the best linebackers in the league already but could be the best linebacker of his generation.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers lose guard Fred Johnson to the Bengals, he was cut to make room for Paxton Lynch this weekend.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Bush has been an opportunist to this point, which is great. We don't know if he can create chaos on his own yet, which is what separates elite players from the rest and is what he was drafted to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Like I said already, I'm not diminishing his contribution. But unless you accept that you can ALWAYS get better, then you will never achieve your best. The Pats have looked at what they didn't do right after every game this year. Brady will throw 5 td's and still say he left points on the field and needs to be better. That is how champions approach the game.

So get upset if you want, but our defense must get better. Devin Bush must get better. One way he'll get better is by being a more fundamentally sound tackler. Stats don't win games, physical performance does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The Good -
    I finally got to watch a game :clapping:
    Sutton's pass defense and catching that onside kick
    The run game although a few too many calls up the middle
    Disruption by the defense especially the first half
    I thought VW98 had a very good game
    Jordan Berry's punt and Holton downing it inside the 5 was a thing of beauty

The Bad -

Pass defense other than Sutton. No one else seemed even close to defend any pass over 15 yards. Collinsworth showed how the 2 safeties were playing deep most of the night then several times later in the game they were in a chase position. They are caught flat footed too much imo.
    Kam Kelly's tackling. Diving and head down. Mentioned this several times before, he's just looking for a neck injury
    Still can't cover a TE

The Ugly -

Disruption by the defense especially the first half - which prob means Butler will still have a job :lolol:
    Thomas Davis' hit on Conner and Duck running into a wall on that scramble (Desmond King I think), but seriously not too much to add to the ugly column

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm fairly sure every team does?

The theme of the thread is good, bad and ugly in one game. Bush put in a good game, and missed some tackles. Nobody is saying he should never work on tackling ever again.

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah that was what I thought and kinda why I thought I would share........and for the record I have said some of the same things in that article......:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    The thread went off on a tangent when I had made Bush's tackling an ugly. The point you replied to was that the best team over the past decade has widened the gap this year. They have shattered parity. And yet they will still strive to be better. When people around here tell me to be happy with Bush's stats and give him a pass on poor tackling because he put(s) up good numbers, I can't help but shake my head. It is that type of thinking that must have crept into the Steelers' organization and allowed Mike Tomlin to produce his famous, albeit detrimental, mantra of the standard is the standard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll give credit where it's due. Moncrief made a heck of a catch on the sidelines in this game.
    That being said, the team will most likely lose their 3rd round comp pick for Bell if he sticks around. Tough decision in a year when they're short on draft picks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    #29 shoved Rivers as well and I think that is Kelly

• Like Like x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Brought this exact point up in the Tomlins Thought thread.

Anthony Lynn has made a habit of mismanaging games. Sunday night’s loss to the Steelers was no exception. Perhaps his biggest flaw is his absurd desire to kick field goals in situations where only a touchdown can possibly help. Down 21-0 as half time approached, Lynn ran on the kicking unit (who of course missed the kick anyway) instead of actually trying to give his team a chance. Later in the game, down 24-0, Lynn made the same decision. Tack on the fact that the team consistently shows up looking unprepared and that they play a decidedly undisciplined style of football and you have to start wondering what the coaching staff brings to the table.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I nearly jumped out of my chair when he made that catch. Had to explain to the wife why I was so excited that a professional receiver caught a pass.

• Like Like x 1
  22. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Tomlin is Lynn's Gemini Man. Why anyone would clone them is beyond me.

Side note: just realized that Lynn is 2 days older than me. Do with that as you wish.

23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I agree so much and I didn't want to say anything cause it is pretty known how much I hated the pick. With that said I have made sure I have praised Bush when he has played well. He has done a great job so far but there are things to work on. I love the fact that he is around the ball, I said that was what was lacking from the FS position in the off season. Fumble recoveries is a hard stat since someone else most of the time did the "hard work" forcing the ball out. I am by no means trashing on Bush he is already better than I thought he would be but there is room for improvement, jmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    His speed on the field is already producing results. Kid just needs more snaps at the NFL level.

25. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    But that grill!! :hehehe: