1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Good Ol' Days

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jan 14, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Now, this is an addition to one of my past threads: "Why Tomlin Isn't The Problem..."

Do you remember when we had LeBeau, Arians, Polamalu, Ward, Clark, Farrior, Harrison, Woodley, etc.? Ever since the Packers SB, the wheels have fallen off. We're still trying to rebuild our defense & even though our offense is good, this doesn't make us a complete team. So, there's only 3 issues that we still struggle with:

1. Defensive play
    2. Consistency issues/mediocrity
    3. We haven't played "Steelers" football since our last SB appearance due the first 2 reasons along with all of the drama & distractions surrounding the team.

I'd also add the Patriots to this list as well since they beat us in the AFC Championship game. But outside of New England, we have some "issues" to deal with before we can call ourselves "SB contenders".

On an extra note, here's a parody video from a Steeler fan's viewpoint:

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    There are young Steeler fans out there and right now and these will be their good old days. Too bad it won't be like my good old days, the 70's. 4 Super bowls and 2 World Series. Hell even U of Pitt won a Nalt. Championship.

3. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Nostalgia today, ain't what it used to be.

• Like Like x 1