1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The game was over when (your opinion)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelReal, Nov 22, 2021.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The game was over when the schedule was announced.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea that last drive was just pathetic. I didn’t see that coming at all getting sacked like that on 1st and 2nd down and just going backwards the entire drive. I don’t know what Ben was doing on 4th and 32 there barely throwing the ball 10 yards. It was just such a dismal ending after experiencing so many highs in the 4th quarter during the comeback. It almost made you wish they had lost the game by 14-17 points instead of coming all the way back.

I know this is looking way down the road but if the Steelers get to the playoffs I’d love for them to play the Chargers again with a healthy defense and full compliment of players. I think the Steelers would beat the Chargers should they see them again.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    We’re getting sent to the wall like on game of thrones cold dark and no women

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You just described @Jujubean life

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    That must suck

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So we shouldn't blame Ben if he has a tipped pass that gets picked off or our ST failing to block and allowing a player to come up the middle unblocked to block our punt? For the longest time I thought we were doing something wrong that made these types of things possible. JMO>

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    When the officials of this game were born. In all seriousness, this game was similar to last week when we were in a position to win and blew it. Something made me stay up and keep watching going into the 4th qtr as we were sucking canal water but could do something special so I kept the tv on. Lots of damage in the man cave in this one. I thought we were (no kidding) going to pull this one out of our sphincter all the way up to the point where we took the lead and left so much time on the clock. Then the 1st qtr of the Jax game happened and that was that. The final kick in the balls was when we were sacked 2x, and then had a freaking penalty, just to make it a little more of a challenge, and then with a million yards to go, threw a lawn dart 10 yards to complete the implosion. The 4th qtr was so much fun and exciting, and even though it didn't turn out the way we wanted, it certainly was one for the ages. JMO>

8. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    It’s just frustrating as hell how the defense just let the Chargers score on 3 plays after they took the lead and worked so hard to do so. I don’t care how short handed you are there if you’re the Steelers you can’t let them just score on 3 plays like that where a guy goes completely uncovered. The Steelers have to find a way to stop that and make a damn play to win the game. Like I’ve pointed out several times over the last few weeks this team under Tomlin they play hard and fight but their decision making and situational football IQ is just horrific. They seem to do nothing right when these games are on the line and it’s just getting real tiresome to watch.

9. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    When Bush put his helmet on.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it was over last Tuesday when the injury report was ready and the started working on a game plan. This is the GB Superbowl all over again. A team with a weak run defense but strong secondary by all means let's use a pass driven game to catch them off guard. You could also tell Ben is not happy with the offensive plays just by the look on his face in that one redzone series. I like Najee's ability but he needs to stop over thinking this stuff, put your foot in the ground and go. Yes the blocking isn't helping much but his vision is killing his momentum at times. He needs to also get rid of his jumping instinct. Before he got his bell rung he caught a pass looked like he wanted to jump the defender, slowed down looked like he froze up and then got tackled awkwardly. That kinda thing will shorten a career.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is not the ASOIAF, or The Game of Thrones. LoL :thumbs_up:

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree I would like 2 see them again...I believe Ben was thinking after getting sack twice in a row in less than 2 seconds....Yeah I don't want 2 get sacked in the endzone this time.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Every big play is a combination of one team doing something right and the other team doing something wrong, but this idea that the Chargers handed the Steelers those plays is crap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They had players in unfamiliar positions and players who normally wouldn't be on the field at all in those situations and that led to a busted coverage. it sucks, but it shouldn't have been surprising after watching the rest of that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I understand that but you still can’t let it be that easy. You got torched the entire game and still at least found some ways to make a few game changing splash plays in the 4th quarter. Find a way to do it there again without letting that happen the way it did.

16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Going to agree 100%. One sack, I still thought we could pull it out. Two sacks and an offside, with 3rd and 32, yeah, that's where it was.
    But damn, they made it interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I’ll pull a classic Glemm whenever people say he was the nerd getting wedgies all day.

“yea not true”

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Haeg got absolutely abused on those two sacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

It was over when they had to play these scrubs, a couple of these guys I never even heard of Archibong, and Scott.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    There was a lot of bad last night, but I was proud of the way the team hung in there. They could have packed it in. Well, it looked like a couple of guys did. But Cam Hayward was an animal. And I have to mention Cam Sutton. He made some mistakes, to be sure. But, he was fired up in the second half and he played his a$$ off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That sure would've been an awesome comeback win, maybe they shouldn't of had Norwood in the game at the end, that's a big spot for a 7th round rookie to handle.