1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The game was not rigged and here's why

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Feb 8, 2017.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Everyone is upset because they thought the game was rigged since the Patriots came back from a 25 point deficit. My question is: How could a game be rigged if the Falcons shut down the Patriots in the 1st half but not the 2nd half? A defensive breakdown by the Falcons is the real reason why. There's always going to be bad calls here and there, but if the SB was rigged, then the refs would've been favoring the Patriots throughout the entire game. Poor playcalling by the Falcons in the 4th quarter didn't help as well.

The Patriots history of controversies makes them a team that we just can't trust. They have 5 SB wins and even though we still have 6 rings, 5 out of our total 6 SB wins didn't include any controversies. Even though the Steelers Seahawks SB had bad calls, you can never escape bad calls. If the NFL was truly rigged, then the Patriots or any other team that the NFL favors would win it every year.

The Patriots SB win shouldn't make people quit watching the NFL, but it would get annoying if the same team won it several years in a row. They're just a good team that doesn't make many mistakes.

On an extra note, I need to see actual proof of the NFL being rigged because if I don't see any proof, then I have a hard time believing it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there is really only one person who thinks the game was rigged :lolol:

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I think the whole "it was rigged" thing has a bark that's worse than its bite.

4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Gatorade-Gate!!! I think the Falcons Gatorade was tampered with...that team was pooped by the end of the 3rd Quarter and deffinantly gased by the middle of the 4th Quarter. The Pats seen this and went for the kill.

5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It was rigged because the Pats won. Had the Stillers won, it would have all been in the up-and-up, proof of God's great benevolence in these troubled times.