1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Game Today....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelerway8511, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    Is the biggest game the Steelers have played since the Patriots game in 2017, better known as the Jesse James TD game. It's a great feeling to wake up on a Sunday morning knowing the Steelers are again playing such a big game.

Derrick Henry is obviously our main focus and this team should be able to shut him down and make RT try and beat them. The defense has been playing motivated and today will be no different. This is a big statement game for this defense.

The offense is going is going to have to have a big game as well. It's going to have to be a team effort to win this game but I expect no less. Here we go Steelers here we go

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I have to respectfully disagree with the statement that this is the biggest game we played since the patriots 2017.
    We had games in late 2018 and 2019 that had way more importance to our season and playoff possibilities. The Buffalo Bills game late last season comes to mind.

We can lose this game today, (I hope we don’t )and still be just fine.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Glenn even if the Steelers made the playoffs last year it wouldn’t have mattered come on. This game is bigger than that Bills game by a mile because this years team could be special. Today is the first day to prove it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry but I think the game today will have me on the golf course earlier then I want to be.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree. Way to early in the season to label this the biggest game since NE 17'. It's a big game, because it's the next game. That's about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018

Of course the Steelers can lose the game today and be fine, I'm just saying, in my opinion, it's the biggest since 2017. That Bills game last year was big but even if they made the playoffs they weren't doing any damage. They didn't deserve the playoffs.

Here is to what is, hopefully, a big win today. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s the 6 th game of the season and other than remaining undefeated nothing important is really on the line.
    It’s a big game yes, but the most important since 2017, no way

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Because we are blowing them out? Lol

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah if we were 2-3 and the season was on the line maybe this qualifies?
    It’s a big game from the standpoint that 2 undefeated teams are facing off, but that’s pretty much where it ends.

I’d really like to know what aspects of this game really make it the biggest since Patriots 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Browns game was bigger than this one. Next week is the big kahuna. This week is big for the talking heads.

A win would be the tits. We'll start arguing over the SB MVP which will be JuJu, AB's replacement. A loss just gets our feet back on the ground.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My gut feels this is the biggest YEAR in a long time where we actually have the pieces to the puzzle that makes us a real threat to win it all instead of being just a token playoff team. The only threats to stop us are injuries (as usual) and Covid-19.

We have enough quality players to make it happen this year.

I hope I still have this feeling after the game today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Im not saying most important than any game since 2017 but it’s more important than any game last year once Ben got hurt.

13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I think it’s a show me game. Steelers are 5-0 but the competition has been terrible if we are being honest. Not saying a loss today is the end of the world and as long as we don’t get blown out I don’t even think TOMLIN bashing is appropriate. Now if we drop both these next two......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hard for me to add anything to that...but I'll try.

This might be the biggest "statement" game in recent memory. There have been more important games. And if you combine next week's game, they will be, likely, two of the biggest back-to-back statement games we've ever had.

But important in terms of the season? Not really.

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We haven't done anything until we are in the playoffs. The game today is another step in the right direction if we win and keep ahead of the field in the division. Next week is another huge step as we see if we are actually as good as we think we are in the division. Whether we win or lose today, how we play will define just where we are in preparation, coaching, and player execution. Our schedule is very favorable to going the distance but these next two games will be huge.

16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Already had the first big hit with Bush. Cannot afford another key defensive injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    In 2004 they beat the Eagles and Patriots in back to back weeks, that was a big statement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It is a big AFC game.
    To go 1 up on the Ravens and possibly 2 after next week is big.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    I would love to win both games today and next week but if given a choice and rate of importance, I’d take take next weeks gave over the Ravens as a bigger W if we could get it.

However today’s game I agree is more about pride and bragging rights overall with stopping Henry. I’ll also say if Pittsburgh wins both of the next 2 games, the sky is the limit. Must stay healthy.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Titans are near the bottom for third down defense, Ben should be able to take advantage of that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think the Steelers will score points against this Titans defense which is not very good at all. They are last in allowing 3rd down conversions and last in red zone defense. So if the Steelers can score points in this game which they will do seeing that they have scored at least 26 points or more in each game so far this season I think they will do enough on defense in terms of containing Henry and shutting down Tannehill on defense to allow them to win this game something like 31-24.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    So are we haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well said

• Like Like x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You steel this quote from the Browns message board from last week?

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Due to nasty cold rain here I may have sit through game so I hope I'm wrong about my prediction of an ass whipping.

Would this board be fun if we beat Titans and Ravens but lay an egg in Dallas??:)