1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The ever popular doesn’t mean a damn thing draft grades

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 1, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah it'd dumb they won't wait abd see. Nothing wring with having doubts. He doesn't imo move the needle based on what I've seen and read. I don't see the "it" factor neither. But he has to go out there and play so let's see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I kinda stopped grading picks after Facebook memories told me how wrong I've been in previous drafts. Not to say starters and HOFers haven't come from the 6th and 7th rounds, but more often than not I kinda ignore the draft after the 5th. You're talking about ST and PT guys at this point.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Apparently you've never watched him progress but completely judge by some "analyst" bloggers out there. I seen the dude make some incredible throws in many crucial situations. He has the IT factor. Go back to your ESPN noodleheads for your highlights.

4. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Every year the Ravens get an A… until the season starts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Good talk about the QB’s dropping this year. @S.T.D you’ll enjoy the bit about pocket QB’s and how raw Willis is.

Glad we didn’t take Corral, it’s coming out he has off field issues and bad attitude. And if you noticed, there is no video footage of him after he was selected, where the heck was he? He blew off Simms at his pro day or maybe it was the combine, I forget. There was that report by scouts that said great talent but wouldn’t go near this guy with a draft pick. We’ll see what happens with the Panthers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Great Video.:thumbs_up: Exactly about what I was trying 2 say. I never said Willis shouldn't be drafted....I just believed He shouldn't be drafted in the 1st. A lot of work. Any Qbs You have 2 make a specific offense for scare Me. I don't think anyone didn't think He had a strong arm, but there is a lot more 2 playing Qb.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Oops, someone isn’t happy with this draft pick.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Warner is a good dude

• Like Like x 3
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's only because of how He had 2 come up. I believe if He was always the 1st pick , starter type of Guy that some of these Guys have been it maybe different. :shrug:
    Hell....He maybe just a Great Guy.

10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    A round 3 comp draft pick doesn't mean Tuitt isn't coming back.......Round 1 or 2 maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He has rd 1 talent, what he lacks is consistency.

Ray was just talking about this in his chat, he was asked about Tuitt. He doesn’t have a great feeling about it either.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well dang Blast....between this , and Your Bush stuff You put up....You are just a bringer of bad news today. Freaking Debbie Downer. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    So if he's a round 1 talent you don't think they would take round 1 talent in round 3 regardless of Tuitt's status? FFS :facepalm:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What is your problem, man. You got a bug up your ass about this and have come at me several times.

I never said they wouldn’t take him anyway, just that everything that has been going on over the last year and taking all that information in, I don’t think Tuitt is coming back.

TFB if you don’t like that opinion. Get over yourself.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I like regression analysis

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still would have loved to have seen Carson Strong be our last pick in the 7th.

But, he is in a much better situation in Philadelphia to make the 53 man roster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dale Lolley seems to think Tuitt is going to play FWIW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Unless they include covid expansion of PS rules Mitch will not be available for PS, which beyond your ridiculous thought would not happen. Injuries are to common, unless they get an offer to good to refuse MT and MR are on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Over the years there have been many posts critical of the Steelers not developing a b/u QB. I understand the thought, but in reality if it takes 2 years to develop a guy, you have likely only 2 years of service. If he has any game he will jump at a chance to start or another team will possibly outbid in FA. I think either guy taken ends up.on the PS, also think it's more likely Carson gets scooped if another team has a need simply because of experience. Even as remote as that is I doubt the 7th rounder gets a lot of snaps in a pre game. If the like what they see he goes to PS and gets a year to learn. If not cutting a 7th rounder is pretty common.

• Like Like x 2
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    An improvement over last year

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    All I'm saying is that IF they knew he wasn't coming back for sure I don't think they would rely on a 3rd round pick with a questionable work ethic to replace him. They would have probably gone in round 2 OR signed a free agent.

I don't have a problem with you, I'm countering what you think with what I think...isn't that what we do here?

Most of the time I don't even read who wrote what, I just respond. In fact, once I responded to my own post.......of course I was 7 beers in LOL

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I had the same disappointment when Chase Daniel came out. Thought he would have made an excellent mid round pick and then he fell completely out of the draft.

Maybe I can say I was right on Chase Daniel and everyone else in the NFL was wrong? He has been in the league for 12 years and just signed with San Diego for his 13th; not a bad way to get 2 Super Bowl rings and make over $30 million with 5 career starts.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not a bad way at all. I'd take it. LoL

25. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    One thing I noticed looking at like 10 different draft grade sites, some are scoring like they're professors in college. All A's and B's. It's like, wow, so just like today, when more A's and B's being given out to keep customers happy about overpaying big time for a college degree (called grade inflation and it's a sad, real thing), some sites are going out of their way to make their customers happy. Hey, my team got a B-. Well, that was the worst grade, but hey, it's a B, woo hoo!!

Sad about college grades. A 3.0 is no better than a 2.0 20 years ago. If I were interviewing and some student said I have a 3.1 GPA, I'd poke a little fun at that and ask was that the worst GPA on campus? As for football draft, just have to take the grades in context. If they're handing out C's or D's, then the grade has a bit more punch behind it.

I may start a site next year and just give out all A+ with a different cliche for each team. Maybe I'll get a record number of subscribers.

I still feel the Steelers draft is, at best, a B-, but felt more like a C to me.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1