1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Defense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Nov 12, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well while a lot of the talk is about Ben and the lack of scoring I wanted to give a shout out to the D. Man they are improving each week and are hands down why we are 7-2 now. Shazier is amazing, runs like a deer hits like a truck and has the hands of a WR. I am wondering if anyone noticed Watts play today, I am not saying he was bad but what he has shown this year he looked off today. Maybe I was expecting more since the Colts oline was so bad I expected to see Watt tear it up, thoughts?

2. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Heyward is an absolute beast! Every play he is pushing his guy back into the quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I saw missed tackles, missed assignments, over pursuing, bad gap control, missed tackles, and a bunch of missed tackles.

We played a lackluster team who shouldn't be on the same field as us.

The defense bowed up from time to time. It wasn't a terrible performance. But this defense must get better, fast. Like in 4 days. Mariota and company will embarrass us if we don't play far better on Thursday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    TJ needs a break, NOW!!! He has been off the last 2 games, seems tired to me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    TJ looked the most like a rookie yesterday than he has all year.

But the Shazier interception was phenomenal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If by a "rookie" you mean innefective, I'm right with you.

He hasn't played even a full 9 games. There's no reason he should be worn out at this point in the season. We need to get the lack of pressure from the down linemen sorted out quick. The crucial part of the schedule is coming up quickly.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Think about who we have played, we faced one good qb. he lit us up for over 400
    yds. We have to get better if we are going to compete against elite teams.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Concur for both.

Makes me wonder though if Watt is playing through an injury. From the looks of it, his go to in his push pull pass rush move was not used very much yesterday.

Wonder if he has a torn labrum?

Regarding Shazier, he is catching on but needs to match his aggression with discipline. Simply flying through gaps is one thing but using proper tackling technique far exceeds a highlight.