1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The deal with Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by iSteelDark, Jan 23, 2017.

1. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I am still baffled by the lack of aggression. According to the article I read they rushed 3 19 times against Brady and blitzed 4 times. I cannot recall a time when an approach like that has been successful. Hard to imagine how that was the plan. And even so after the first half why not try anything else because it is not working whatsoever.

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't understand it either. And for anyone who says that our DB's can't even bump at the line to knock WR's rhythm off, I call complete BS! If they really can't simply do that, then we are scouting the wrong CB's. Just bumping st the line can create enough of a delay where our LB's can create pressure on the QB.

If they would've just tried for one drive and failed, I would've been happy. But they never even tried. Same exact defensive schemes for 60 minutes. Some lacrosse playing frat boy embarrassed the defense AND THE COACHES!

3. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Was Bradshaw right after all?

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Some in the media have been saying we dont have the pieces for man coverage. Even if thats true, what do we know for sure that doesn't work? Yeah, thats right, zone. But keep trying, one of these years Brady will retire, might work then.

No pressure and zone is a recipe for disaster against that team.

What I really like to know is, how in the world did we play them tougher the first game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No, you are 100% right that this is a great team and Tomlin isn't the worst coach in the league. I didn't mean to come across as so pessimistic. I'm just saying that to be truly great you need to show up on the big games and win them. Luck never hurts every now and then but you can't just go out and act like"we are just going to play out way for everyone." We got lucky in KC, but then we just come out with the same damn game plan for a superior Pats team. I guess I'm just frustrated because I feel that Tomlin just can't win the clutch games we need. New England owns us. The Ravens own us. I just need to see him step up against the teams we need to beat to make it all the way. 9 wins in a row is a hell of an accomplishment in today's league but that's the level of play you need to win the Lombardi, I'm not going to be awestruck by it. I expect that type of play from a team this talented with a franchise quarterback.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We didn't call them assholes yet:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He was exactly right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The sad thing is we played better the first game against them then in the playoffs and we had Landry Jones at QB. Not that it matters but our game plan was much better.

10. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  11. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    If Tomlin is an organizational guy who isn't down in the weeds looking at the Xs and Os, then put an H.R. girl in as Head Coach to insure the players have their 401k and dependent and insurance paperwork correctly on file and save some money.
    We need a Head Coach whose signature innovation is something better than going for two points after a touchdown.
    Again, the 1000 pound elephant in the room is "how do we beat the Pats?"
    The single biggest question to answer is, "how do we beat the Pats?"

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    That's a pretty small elephant for such a big question. ;)