1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The culture of this team is changing, But.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jun 3, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm optimistic that the culture will change. I think both Tomlin and Rooney tried the diva/super player approach due to what they believed to be a necessity in a changing game in favor of the offense. It all came back to backfire, and I do believe they will go back to their roots.

We had the two best players at their respective positions in the league, and one can make a good argument that they cost us more than was gained.

How many Superbowls have the Steelers won with Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell? This is a team sport the divas can take a hike.

Productive, high character guys like Hines Ward/ Ju Ju Schuster step up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They're gonna do whatever they want so it's pointless... We celebrate every 1st down,TD, sack, D stop etc... Right along with em. Be easier and more admirable to do all of it after lining up in victory formation though.

Do agree with appreciating millers approach and ole Barry sanders approach as a preference though.

3. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    When everything in life has been dumbed down to a 6th grade level its hard not to act like a 12 year old. Want to act like an a$$ do it while hoisting the Lombardy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    I'm all for unique celebrations. The EZ photo-op has been played out and needs to go.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love for the defense to get a game-sealing INT and pose like 'The Last Supper'.

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am often confused by people who believe that the culture of the TEAM was in question. One or a handful of players doesn't define the overall culture of the TEAM. The Steelers would had never have kept either player in the first place if they were as bad as some want to paint the picture.

I don't believe Bell was a cancer. He simply wanted more guaranteed money than the Steelers were willing to offer. I wish they could had worked out a deal with each other.

I don't believe AB was a cancer either. Things seemed to go south for him in the end for whatever reasons. I wish they could had reached a common ground with AB.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    :huh:

Speaking of 6th grade.

7. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Saw that after (I) posted it. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm just bustin on ya. No big deal. Edit is your friend sometimes.