1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Conner Chant

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Go 'lers, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    We all heard it, both in the stadium as well as on TV.

The question is has anyone EVER heard another player have their name chanted in the stadium?

I honestly don't recall any player getting that recognition from the fans. I wanted to point that out because I believe that was truly special.

BTW - if anyone has a video of Conner getting his name chanted please post here!

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The heath chants were heard early and often during Miller's playing days as well as giving Jesse james a little love....
    With all the great rb's we've had, up until now, this was definitely the first time i heard one of them get chanted like this...
    Not franco..... not bettis, not Barry foster.... not willie parker and certainly not leveon bell......
    Not to take away from connor's recognition, but I have to openly wonder how much of those chants were to throw some shade at bell

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it's that plus how well Conner is liked and his story. Kid is easy to root for.

And he just happens to be kicking ass!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Uh...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEATHHHHH like for 8 years straight?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The only thing that would be different right now is the Steelers would be 5-2 instead of 4-2-1. The Conner fumble in Week 1 was at the worst time and changed momentum in the game. Other than that, the Steelers are still sitting on 2 losses and I actually prefer Conner's running style than I do Bell.

Steelers are an amazing organization. I think sometimes we lose sight of that when it comes to Mike Tomlin's inability to bring prep week in and week out.

Steelers have an opportunity to take control of the division next week and they will need to because the last half of the year is against really really good teams. And the Steelers seem to play better against good teams so it might be better in the long run.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    That chanting was quite loud, I was one of them chanting it.

Then I stood up and started chanting Jet ski, Jet ski.

It got a chuckle out of a few people. Other people thought I was insane or something, they must not follow Leveon Bell current events.

• Like Like x 2
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Heath chants were funny when it was a different TE catching the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Anybody have a video of it? I was at the game and it started near me. It felt like the whole stadium was chanting it. Was it really that loud on TV?

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dang that boycott didn’t last very long did it?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    It was that loud. I hope it was loud enough that the rap giant noticed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I never said I was boycotting over Peterson glemm. But when they fall short this year because of the corner on the opposite side of Haden, I'm going to tell you I told you so. Haden was a stud yesterday. Just imagine if we had another half way decent corner on the other side.

12. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Heeeeeeeeath was after a catch, yesterday was Conners, Conners, Conners for a sustained time. And from sect108 it sounded like it started in the closed end but I believe the whole stadium joined in. 1st time I recall such a chant from the crowd since we got our seats in 1990.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, it was loud enough that Ben was trying to get them to settle down so he could make calls at the line.

While it was pretty cool, the timing while your own offense is trying to set up was a little off.

I was at the Monday Night game a few years ago against Washington when we took that stadium over. When they were trying to get to the line and call plays, the stadium was flashing the "quiet offense working" banners on the jumbotrons. I think they even had to call a time-out because of it at one point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m talking about your big fake boycott from last year.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It definitely started in the closed end.

Agreed! Road fans do this all the time. Even more sad at home. They were doing Here We Go chants while we were in the redzone. Makes me so mad. Do that **** when we are on defense.

Oh yeah, that might be back on if the Cheatriots win another Super Bowl because they got Gordon for peanuts and he magically drops his addiction.