1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bungles are back?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I wouldn't say the Bungels are back per say. The reason players like Trey Hendrickson and Tee Higgins have requested trades has nothing to do with their animosity of the Organization itself but what they feel they should be compensated. As the tweet alludes to; financial stability is the key here; something Cincy sadly cannot do.

JaMarr needs extended. Joe is without a doubt getting extended. Those are the big two currently. I personally believe that the Bengals were in play for a Defensive Player far more than they were Offensive long before this news broke out; for two reasons;

1.) Beyond Trey Hendrickson, Myles Murphy and... that is more or less it. Yes, Sheldon Rankins is a proven commodity but he is 30 and isn't gonna be playing forever.

2.) There is not enough star power as far as IDL goes in this draft (hint hint).

Now granted, the Bengals could opt to trade up for the likes of Brock Bowers anyways given the fact that doing so would likely spell the end of Tee Higgins time as a Bengal anyhow should he be a part of the trade package. That all said, I do anticipate a trade up but not for an Offensive Player. Someone like Byron Murphy would make too much sense as his game mirrors that of Geno Atkins.

Given how the Bengals struck pay dirt with Geno Atkins for a good decade, I'd imagine they could opt to potentially catch lightning in a bottle with Murphy II.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is what makes KC the envy of the league,.they some how
    field a championship team with a generational QB and other
    3 or 4 players eating up all the salary cap. Bengals and other teams
    With large QB salary plus eating up salary cap. It would be hard to field
    A competitive team when 5/6 players are eating up cap space.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know if they have reworked it, but P. Mahomes deal ....while large....the original way it was worked out is pretty team friendly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly, KC knows how to manipulate cap room and P. Mahomes like Brady helps them. Unlike some
    other QBs we know.

• Like Like x 1