1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The biggest underachiever on the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 12, 2017.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey I love LB I wanted us to draft him coming out. I just firmly believe his YPC would be higher if he hadn't lost some of his burst. I know he was never fast but he had short area quickness,enough to allow himself to get outside far more often than he does now....still curious if his weight may be up?

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Leading the league in rushing and yards from scrimmage is underachieving? Should they stick a broom in his @ss so he can sweep up while he's out there?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well at this rate, it’s going to take him a whole season to knock it off.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Bryant.

It's not Dupree's fault he was drafted too high.

5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Did you miss my later comment? He’s at 3.9 YPC, almost half a yard less than his own career average, only 2 20+ yard runs.

6. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017

It does seem low although I feel that if he went to the outside more then he would up the ypc. Seems to get stuffed down the middle as teams know his game and he’s happy to wait inside behind his blocker.

He’s still making big plays/gains in the passing game and his 75 receptions is not to be dismissed.

Him being on his A game is integral to our offence as we simply don’t have another back who can do both.

Teams like the Pats, Saints and Philly have multiple options at RB who can pound the ball and are useful in the passing game. They get far less individual attention because of this

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm looking at the bigger picture.

8. 65Toss-Power-Trap

65Toss-Power-Trap Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Bingo. Bango. Bongo.

We have a winner. Give that man a cigar.

Dupree is a situational player at best, who can occasionally make half a sack, and was drafted 3 rounds higher than he should have been.
    Bryant is an elite talent who is bummed out because he can't smoke weed every day, isn't getting the ball, and is jogging around out there and dogging it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You know Tuitt has been injured a couple of times ? back and bicep..he isn't the same player. He was a beast before the 2 injuries

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Colin Holba..... oh wait, we cut him.....

11. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    But why has he missed this whole season? :shrug:

12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    3 way tie ...

Dupree
    Davis
    Burns

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    agree with all but Tuitt is still doing really good despite the sacks. Heyward is just that beastly. Also that biceps injury is clearly affecting him. right before the injury he was a bull.

14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    we are an injury or two away from another critical player besides ben from the season being over.

cmon football gods we need to be ahead of the pack with 7 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    that made me laugh pretty bad lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I think a HUGE part of why we've seen regression from Dupree, Burns, and Davis is what we are asking them to do is different. Burns is being asked to play more man coverage and play more physical. The upgrade at the other corner position has also put more pressure on Burns. Think about last season every QB in the league knew Burns was our only capable DB so attack the other guys. This year Burns is the weak man on the field when Haden was out there. Notice since Haden has gone down everyone is throwing deep at Sensabaugh and Davis?

I'd love to hear what the coaching staff thinks of Davis this season. It seems like he's being asked to play less as an insurance policy on deep routes and be more active in the middle of the field. He's piling up tackles because teams are going right after him. That right side of the field is clearly a target for opponents. When Haden was playing they were still attacking the middle of the field and lots of screens... both ask more of Davis and he's not stood up to the pressure. His run support has been terrible...his man coverage abilities are laughable. He seems to be thinking too much and not playing.

Dupree's pass rush ability sucks. Last year we blitzed a ton...this helped Bud a lot. This year he's being asked to play a lot of coverage and we play alot of nickel now which often takes him off the field. Last week when they put Watt on the left and used Harrison on the right (which resulted in a big play) hopefully means the coaching staff has finally seen enough from Bud. I'm not saying bench him but his role needs to be reduced. We need to see more of Harrison and Chickillo. Before you start bashing Harrison just remember he basically has been sitting on the bench since last season. He's always been a guy that needs reps.

I didn't include Mitchell on this list because he sucked last season also...so I was expecting it. Was hoping he wouldn't get worse but his health seems to added to the problem. I also think Tuitt is playing hurt. Something is not right with him... looked like the Packers or Titans game exposed something. Since the Titans game opponents are running right and running up the middle. Hargrave was man handled 2 of the last 3 games. Tuitt is getting over whelmed as well. Add in the fact that Shazier is now out..it's just made matters worse. Which means we need Davis to step it up and he's not handled that well. The wheels fell off last week. Amazing that we won.

What ever we did differently on defense early in the season teams have figured out. We were ranked #1 or #2 at one point...since then there's been rapid decline. We need to adjust quickly which IMO has always been Tomlin's weakness. SO I'm worried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    This late in the season the Steelers won’t admit it, but Tuitt is probably hurt more than we know. He’s a much better player than what his stats show and much more disruptive.

18. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Is Tuitt that bum who fumbled away the playoff game vs Denver?

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not sure youcan use injury as a excuse. If he's injured and not producing Alualu and/or Walton should be getting more snaps...you can't just keep rolling out guys who aren't getting it done this time of year. A healthy Alualu might be better than a injured Tuitt if that's the case.

20. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Leveon has not been nearly as dominate running the ball this year as he was last half and playoffs last season. But watch Connors and I think you know part of the reason. The Oline kicked arse opening holes last season this year not so much. Runs are getting stuffed way more at the line even though I don’t deny bells speed has maybe lost a step.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    No, that was Tuitt’s aunt.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No. That was Fitz Toussaint.