1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Biggest NFL What If's

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Jul 22, 2018.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    1. What if Vick never got caught or participated in dog fighting? He would've played his entire career in Atlanta, but what about Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco? (2008 NFL Draft)

2. What if Peyton won every playoff game against Brady (vice versa)?

3. What if Brady never got drafted by the Patriots? (Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre as well)

4. (Ryan Leaf = Indianapolis) (Peyton Manning = Chargers)? Philip Rivers?

5. What if the 2004 draft went differently than expected? Ben, Phillip, And Eli?

6. What if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 2016 with Prescott, Elliott, and Dez?

7. What if the Seahawks "ran the ball"?

8. What if Blair Walsh made the 27 yard field goal?

9. What if they "caught it"? (James, Bryant, Brady, etc.)

10. What if the Falcons kept their lead? Would Brady's legacy be affected with 4 SB losses instead of 3?

Now, I understand that there's several NFL scenarios, but there's always more "fictional scenarios" on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=n+if+l

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Only going to answer the ones that I think are worthy of actually discussing.

1. My guess is his career would have followed the trajectory it did in Philly. Huge upside with plenty of struggles. He had holes in his game.
    3. My guess is we don't know who Brady is and the Pats would still be a winning franchise (although probably not to the extent they have been). Belichek made Brady, but Brady can now stand on his own without Belichek
    7. We'll never know. How good were the Pats D on 3rd and short that year? How good were the Seahawks O on 3rd and short (or goaline)? Those stats paint a picture, but it's not a clear one.
    8. If he did, this girl might not be alive today https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/30/blair-walsh-missed-field-goal-vikings-seahawks
    10. No. When you go to that many SB's and when you win 4, nothing will affect your legacy

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    What if the season started today and we didn't have to play "what if"? ;)

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What if Ben didn't have his face reconstructed?

What if Ben hadn't been suspended for 4 games?