1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Biggest Broncos fans in the U.S. are...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mdbates2, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Right here in Cleveland Ohio!! That's right folks - if I didn't know any better I'd think I lived in Colorado.

I'm glad that I don't have to count a team's LOSS as my team's win!

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    At least you don't live in Rat Land, I went to visit mt Aunt this week-end and after the loss my brother said he saw fireworks coming from the Rats stadium, I think he was BS'ing but they were very happy when we loss>

3. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    It makes me even more proud to be a Steelers fan. To imagine THAT many people actually care about MY team - and consider it a win for their own team when my team loses. It says something about the dominance my team has over theirs. In Cleveland - they can't buy their own wins, so they HAVE to survive off the misfortune of the Steelers. In Baltimore, I would expect it's that they're glad they won't have to face us.

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Exactly! Most fans would love to be in our shoes....Being so hated because we WIN. :)

5. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I feel for all of those people who root for a team that provides them such little joy and satisfaction that the only way they can get excitement from the NFL is to see the Steelers lose. It's pathetic.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    newsflash: we are probably the least-liked team in the nfl (after the cowboys - their biggest hatred comes from some of the biggest cities in the country: nyc, philly, and dc).

women hate big ben. even women who don't follow football hate him. if a woman knows i like the steelers, they instantly say, "i hate their qb."

james harrison has quickly ascended to become public enemy number one among casual nfl fans. fans of other teams hate the guy. they think he's a thug and a dirty player. suh is making a push, but harrison is still the most hated nfl guy at the moment. florio, on pro football talk, really loves throwing ires on the fire to keep that hatred burning. he called harrison taking out eric decker yesterday a "dirty" "low" hit against a "defenseless receiver." give me a break! decker hadn't even completed his catch. harrison can't win. doesn't get holding calls, suspended for going high, chastised for going low.

a lot of people can't stand hines ward. he's the derek jeter of the nfl. a winner, a competitor, loved by his fan base . . . hated by everyone else. his DTWS experience won A LOT of people over to help soften that so he could take a step back and let harrison be this team's co-villain (along with big ben).

nobody likes a winner. nobody wanted to see the packers run the slate and have a perfect season. why? everyone wants THEIR team to do it. nobody likes that the steelers have more super bowls than anyone else and nobody wants to see that lead extended.

everyone is against us. just like the yankees. along with the biggest fan base comes the biggest following of haters as well. embrace it. it means we're winning.

7. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well said. And very true.

8. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Agree on all points - but it's STILL pitiful to witness that the only "victory" you can claim is that someone else's team lost. Cleveand is nothing but a pit of hazardous waste - and the classless attitude of their fans is just an example of it.

9. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    These people up here would probably burn their town to the ground if they had a super bowl

10. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thats funny, because for the last 20 plus years all i heard from stains fans was how much they still hated the broncos for what they did to them in the 80's. Cleveland = fail

11. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    there're two kinds of people:

1.) a person who wants to build the biggest building in town
    2.) a person who wants to run around knocking all the other buildings down.

i just feel sorry for those that bask in the misery of others because their own situations suck so badly.

a buddy of mine grew up in indy (pre-colts) and adopted the bengals as his favorite team. now he lives in seattle and loves the seahawks. and, since the colts moved to indy and rep his hometown state, he loves the colts. he loves all three and obviously hates the steelers. he was thrilled we went down yesterday. i simply replied that it must be nice for him not having to become emotionally invested in football every january.

we've been spoiled. embrace it!