1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Is The West?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Jan 20, 2017.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It appears that the AFC West is shaping up to be the most defensive minded division in football thanks due in part to the hiring of Gus Bradley; then Head Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

News is found here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gers-agree-to-terms-with-gus-bradley-to-be-dc

Now that being said, it should be noted that Gus transformed Seattle I to the now famous "Legion Of Boom." With young talent like Bosa, Ingram, the "Lightning Trio" of Casey Heyward, Brandon Flowers and Jason Verrett, Gus seems to have almost all his pieces in order. What he is missing; a tier one impact safety.

Luckily for him, with the seventh overall pick, he has options... or rather option in Malik Hooker. Seems that the LA Chargers could be primed for a playoff push next season of all goes to plan.

Plans rarely do go they you want them. As such, you can have but only so much contingency plans to fall back on. However, as it stands now, LA is shaping up to be the Chargers for the taking in the short run.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think there is so much dysfunction within that organization that I don't know if anybody can fix them in the near future. If Elway gets an even somewhat competent qb this offseason I think that division will still be squarely in Denver's pocket. KC has a great defense but I don't know if they can ultimately get it done on offense with Alex Smith at the helm. Plus the Raiders look to be up and coming. Honestly I'd say if Denver gets a qb that LA will be the cellar dweller there.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will still take the AFC North, these teams are built for January.

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The Steelers won the AFC North by 3 games this year- and I'll predict right now that they win it by at least that many next year.

Tennessee is for me the up and comers in the AFC- they have 60 million under the cap too.

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I read the thread title and was expecting to see something about Jim Morrison. Maybe, "This is the End" for the Patriots.

[​IMG]