1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bengal game concerns me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    That play is pretty much undefendable with no underneath coverage. That was a perfect throw by Carr.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I always have some concern because the Steelers can't seem to find any consistency. They take too many penalties and Roethlisberger is clearly a diminished player.

Injuries also give reason for concern. I'm assuming Gilbert won't play. Vince Williams and Tuitt also sat out practice Thursday. Losing Tuitt and Williams could negate much of the advantage the Steelers would have against a mediocre offensive line.

It is still one the Steelers should win, but so were the games against the Bears and Jags.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers need the #1 overall seed. Home field advantage throughout. #2 doesn't do us any good if the Patriots get #1 seed.

5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay, but 11-5 isn't a guarantee of anything for us good or bad.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think the best possible playoff outcome we can hope for is Pitt 1st seed, KC 2nd seed, NE 3rd seed, Hou (or whoever) 4th seed. Then KC knocks NE out and we beat KC in championship game. I doubt we get by NE if we have to play them.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m guessing there will be at least one more that makes us go :facepalm:

“Any given Sunday” is starting to be a more and more appropriate saying these days. It’s not just us. Not even close.

8. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Agreed. I don't think the Jags were a lessor opponent. They've got something going on in Jacksonville. So yeah, there might be another let down in our near future. Maybe just before the Pats? But I think it will have to happen soon. Second half of the season is going to pick up for us, barring a significant injury.

9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm still not sold on the pats this season. Their defense is bad. They beat us strength on strength year after year. They make us look bad. But they typically make EVERYONE look mediocre. They aren't doing that this season.

I really think that they are vulnerable.

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Throw out records with division rivalry games. Fortunately, the division stinks so a loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I expect a stressful nail biter. I predicted a 26-21 win in the predict the score contest. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win by more than a one possession differential.

12. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I feel the same way. We “should” beat Cincinnati, but we like making it interesting. We should be 5-1 possibly 6-0, because we shouldn’t have lost to the Bears or Jags. Both average teams. I live in Florida and Jacksonville isn’t close to that good. We just need to stop Mixon and Green. That’s their only weapons that I know of. Easier said then done. Green is a beast. We have to get the ball to Bryant more for sure. If Ben can spread the ball more, instead of throwing every ball to Brown, we’d be way better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    8 passes to AB, and 9 to Juju, Bryant, V-Mac, and Bell.

That's not every ball going to AB. That looks like the ball was spread around quite well with less than half of the receptions going to the game's best WR.

14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I expect to win, but it will be closer than it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    First team ever to win a SB as the 6 seed, I dont think seeding is as important as the teams attitude and production once they get there, and spending this season thinking about avoiding the patriots in the play offs is a total waste of time....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Okay I didn’t look at the stats to break it down like that. I just know that Bryant is really good and he’s not getting the ball. Today 1 caught for 3 yards. Juju looks like he’s going to be really good, but Bryant needs to be in the game plan a little more don’t you think?

Also we should of won the last two games in a blowout, but we’re kicking field goals instead of TD’s. We really need to fix that. We have some good teams coming up, and field goals ain’t going to cut it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Normally I'd agree with you but it would be nice to have the #1. To make the Patriots play the Chiefs and we also saw today how big home field advantage can be. Also, I'm positive the Patriots cheat at home. Colts got a player from the Patriots and he told them they bug the away locker rooms so Peyton and Dungy would talk strategy outside the locker rooms at halftime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I want to beat patriots. Unfortunately if we beat them in the regular season I think they beat us in the playoffs. Ok maybe beat pats regular season then rematch Jax to go to the SB

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Except when we play new england