1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bengal game concerns me

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Watt Wack, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    After Cinci went 0-3, I thought they were toast; thought the Lewis and Dalton era was over. But under closer inspection, I think I was a bit hasty in that conclusion.

Week 1: got shut out by the Ravens, 20-0. It looked bad.

2: Lost a tight one to Houston, 13-9. There is no shame in losing a close one to Texans. They are legit with Watson in there.

3: Lost OT game in GB when they still had best QB in world playing. No shame in that either.

4: Beat the hapless Browns. Well, at least they bloodied them.

5: Beat a surprising Bills team. Not easy.

Since firing their OC, Dalton is heating up, avg. 300 yards in last two games. I thought they would be hanging it up by now, but instead they are still very much in the hunt. And, we lost to the Bears and to the Jags at home. The Bengals are as good or better than those teams. And, they loath us; they won't come in sleep walking. I hope Tomlin has the team focused.....but he often clearly does not. If they do the "just show up" thing they could lose with ease.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Geno Atkins is still their best lineman but without Peko slowing down DD when he pulls and getting to Bell will be a challenge. They still have no answer for Brown and if Pacman thinks slowing down Bryant is easy he is in for a shock. As far as their offense goes I think Blitzburg takes a run at the red rocket and he fizzles

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Every game concerns me. That said, if each teams plays to their talent level the Steelers should win going away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Offensive coordinator Bill Lazor had that OC post with the Miami Dolphins in 2014-15. Any film or scouting on his tendencies?

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The only thing that concerns me is the Steelers playing down to the competition level. On paper we completely outmatch them in every phase of the game. Their Oline is garbage but that being the case we probably won't blitz much.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not too much has changed. Cincinnati appears to be using the same scheme. Lazor seems to have streamlined the offense and using the best players he has like Mixon and A.J. Green.

In addition, using different offensive lineman combinations also appears to be working.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It's a division rivalry the would've could've shouldves usually disappear and it comes down to inflicting will. Cincinnati is trending up and I expect them to show up like usual. tough game but Pitt puts em to bed. I just hope they come out healthy with the W... Division games are always ugly even if the scoreboard looks beautiful after the dust settles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Mixon has played in 5 games and has a total of 187 yards. Like I said their Oline is garbage.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bengals seem to do a good job on AB, Ben needs to spread the ball around and not force the ball to AB. The Steelers should be able to pressure Dalton, their O-line is weak.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    we just need to play the same game plan as last week and our offense can keep their's off the field. The Bunholes are ranked #1 vs the pass so we need the good Ben or even the improving Ben that we saw last week to show up. These game always have me nervous coming off a big win, oh heck they all have me worried. No injuries and a win and move onto the next week.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    In preseason they were heralding him as the big gamechanger etc. etc.

I haven't paid much attention to the Bengals so far this season, so presumed he was doing ok... evidently he's yet to fulfil that promise.

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It's a very big game for Cinci. A loss would pretty much put a large dagger, at having any shot at the division.

I would really like to see us win this game, and have the Ravens lose to the Vikings.

14. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bryant has had some big games vs Cinci. Can't think of a better time for him to bust out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was watching the Bills game earlier... seems to me that the Bengals D is very susceptible to play action and struggled to pick up the TEs.

The Bills D meanwhile played a very disciplined game, which stymied much of what the Bengals wanted to do. If Moxon can break a tackle he can really fly. So basically... our D has to stay disciplined and tackle well.

Now I'm a little concerned...

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I expect a squeaker and I hope we win it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    They claimed he was the most talented RB in the entire draft, and only the punching of that girl made his stock drop. In the beginning of the season, Hill was getting more carries, without much production, but since Mixon is getting the bulk of the carries. He started the season with 8 carries for 9 yards, now he is seeing around 20 touches a game for around 80 yrds or so. We got to shut him down.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3116385/joe-mixon

18. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I damn near picked the bungals this week, just might see OT in this one.

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Games against the Ravens and Bengals are usually tough wins or losses. IMO winning will depend on turnovers, running the ball, and scoring T'd's not FG's. If we Ben has to win the game with his arm we're toast. I can't remember the last game Ben won on his arm. I'm gonna say week 5 2016 vs the Jets. Maybe we need those jail bird uni's back.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    More cowbell.. You run Bell continually like they did against KC.

21. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Why is it people find these stats compelling or worthy of being concerned about but when they see similar stats about the Steelers they either cherry pick them apart to prove that the stats are misleading or they come up with some other reason to discount the standings. Its like when Watt got his first two sacks in the Giants game, people were quick to tear them down as one being a coverage sack and the other a busted play. Who cares I mean seriously its two sacks, heck Strahan got the record on Farve falling down, I sure he doesn't care because he set the record. It's mind boggling sometimes.

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    After a rough start the bubbles appear to be playing solid football. Don’t think this game is going to be a cakewalk.

24. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Don't worry. Captain Obviously will have them as mentally unprepared as ever but they will squeak out a 1 point win and he will get extended to a 30 year contract.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We shut down Hunt, we can shut down Mixon.

Green will be a challenge, he destroyed Buffalo last week. Good test for our secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1