1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The arrogance is suspected

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This from Nick Farabaugh about Tomlin, and I agree -

“I saw that his mindset is that the Steelers can beat any bad team due to having top tier talent. Thus, that mindset has permeated itself throughout the locker room it seems”

This would explain some stupid decisions and lack of adjustments/coaching. Sad thing is, the players are almost good enough to overcome the stupidity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    This is exactly the reason the Steelers lose to these garbage teams every year.. Tomlin's arrogance thinking they can just roll into the stadium and win.. It was on full display yesterday

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You can have all the talent in the world, that doesn't guarantee squat (See: Dan Snyder/Redskins) if the HC/staff doesn't know how to use it. Or have even the most basic fundamental knowledge of how to strategize and/or make in-game adjustments. This team has gotten by (in regular season, anyway) in recent years in spite of coaching deficiencies, *because* of it's talent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yep and I feel for the players TBH , they are being wasted on this team in its current state.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Who is this Nick person?

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think organizational arrogance is a problem. They chronically think they are better than they really are.
    One of the rips on this team is that play down to competition. Well, if you think you're sooo much better than the opposition that you take them for granted, you will get burned.

Players yap outside of the Jax Locker room before the playoff game last yr. the coach figures he can shelf his HOF QB and beat the lousy 2-10 Raiders with a raw backup and no running game. All of this indicates a lack of respect for the opponent. And that's a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Just a thought - how much of this is MT and staff looking ahead to the Pats matchup next week? Deja vu?

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    None of those players with that mentality better be on defense.

9. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    If I were Ben and Tomlin is the coach next season, I retire. Yesterday was the first time in the past 24 seasons that I intentionally didn't watch the game because I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. It isn't worth the frustration of watching the same things play out week after week. Tomlin is a fool, all sizzle, no steak, but hey, he sure looks great in those aviators. It isn't worth my time anymore.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think they were guilty again of looking ahead to the Patriots thinking that Oakland sucked and they could just rest Ben the entire 2nd half and get by with Dobbs against a bad Raiders team. Well they thought wrong. And plus I hated the Steelers doing a pose after the turnover where the ball slipped out of Carr’s hand and they D did nothing to create that just shows you how arrogant and pompous this defense is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    IDK who Nick Felthersnatch is but I agree with what he said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I didn't like that either, but in fairness to the D, in today's NFL, 31 other teams are doing the same thing in the same situation.

13. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I saw his article on BTSC. Don’t know anything about him, but I do agree. The Steelers’ performance is consistent with a team thinking they are better than they are, from coaching and players alike. Does Butler really think LB’s can cover star wideouts? You do if you think your LBs are better than they really are, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nj43

Nj43 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Butler coached under DL for YEARS!! Is the LBs on WRs a DL thing or did Butler concoct this on his own??

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He does look kinda cool lol

29A1F318-BEB5-4783-938D-990EB37890C2.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I would give you that if we didnt lose to a team the week prior who is better than the patriots.

17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Tomlin’s quote on Ben being available a few series before he came in is the most recent glaring example of the arrogance. When you think you can roll with your backup while nursing a 4 point lead on the road against ANYBODY, you’re arrogant.

I have defended him a lot. I’m done. Turn this season around on a dime, win out, and then make noise in the playoffs, and I’ll reconsider. If I owned the team it would be AFCCG or bye bye.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1