1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The AFC North just got easier

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 9, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The AFC North just got easier.
    Guy Edwards and Marcus peters hold out with ACL injury

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Sad to hear that of both of them. I do get that Marcus Peters definitely has made his fair share of enemies over the years but that does not dispute the fact that he is one hell of a Cornerback. I wish them both all the best of luck in their recovery!!

Regarding Baltimore though??!! Yikes!! Two more go down due to injury!! What the heck is going on over there?! :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t want anyone to get injured, but once it happens I’m gonna rub it in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Oh I am aware!!!

Just stinks to see all around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Tempt fate at your peril. A bad practice tomorrow and the other guys may be rubbing it in on you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I hope that loser ravens fan shows up soon.

7. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I've been predicting his getting injured for years (based on how many hits he takes), and I've been wrong- but
    Betting Lamar is next. Especially with the turnstile blocking for him that they got via us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Good thing is I’m on the Steelers message board so I really don’t have to take too much crap from fans of other teams.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Madness. I think they can overcome the injuries at RB however. Latavius Murray is available for nothing, they can trade to get Ingram back if they want etc. Edwards is not a massive upgrade over either.

Losing Dobbins a few weeks back was the one that hurt. He was due a breakout

They are stacked at CB but they will certainly miss Peters

Edit: they have five fourth round picks next year, five! They can sort this out by wheeling and dealing

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep. The Ravens always do know how to prep for situations like these. That said.. having Le'Veon Bell as the contingency plan? Sounds odd to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Browns are healthy and have more depth on their roster than Steelers. AFC North is not easier by any stretch.

12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The Browns are not the entire division, the division as a whole got easier.

13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I saw the Steelers get swept by a 5 win Ravens team and one game was with Ryan Mallet at QB for the Ravens. -2015

I saw the Steelers nearly lose to a depleted Ravens Roster due to Covid with a bunch of back ups at Heinz Field -2020

So saying the Ravens got easier is a bunch of hogwash.

It is never easy against the Ravens, EVER

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    They may make a trade in the coming days, a fourth would rent you a nice RB for a season. Melvin Gordon??

Texans just traded a starting slot corner Roby for virtually nothing, you can find guys like that.

The big problem with this strategy is that they only have $3m in cap space so they’d need to clear up some room there

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed regarding the cap.

The biggest issue now though is the impending Lamar Jackson contract; a contract that they still have not signed just yet. I do realize that the Ravens could get a one year rental player but... who would that be? Not sure myself at the moment.

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hate to see injuries, but if they had to happen I’m glad it was the Ravens. Still gotta beat the Bills

17. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    It’s usually players going in to the last year of their contract whose teams are not contenders and don’t intend to re-sign them, it’s sensible to trade guys like that for whatever you can get. If the player is any good they will have a decent salary however.

The ravens have no meaningful ways to clear cap space, they can restructure Peters (ironically) and Humphrey to clear about $3m total

As soon as Lamar starts earning the big money they are going to have to economise in other areas. I don’t think they can afford to sign him this year so presumably it’ll be 2022.

This was their year to make a push. I don’t think it’s a list cause but they need to make some very economical moves and hope they get no more injuries. They are going to have a difficult time managing the cap from 2022

• Like Like x 2
  18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Right regarding 2022. I am simply regarding 2021 though. No options from my end are popping up.

Be that as it may, seems now the pressure is all on Lamar to pull this off. Not going to be easy as Greg Roman's Offense is heavily dependent on the Running Game. Given the fact that Le'Veon Bell is likely going to show signs of rust. Lamar's ability to throw that football better be up to snuff.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You're right no easy games vs the Ravens but a bit less fire power on their side heading into the season.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Yea all this means is that the Browns have a cakewalk to the North now. Was going to be a dogfight with Baltimore.

21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well dang! I was wanting Brady to get season ending injury tonight and Dallas lose anyway.

Not a win-win?

That makes me a bad person? LOL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not really. It’s not like what you want to happen has any bearing on what actually happens.

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I don't feel as confident because Cleveland is stacked, but I'm still picking bmore to win the division because Lamar is the best qb/player in the division.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We will see how good Lamar is while he plays without his top 3 RBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I just want the Browns to be a flop this season, I'm so sick of their fans on twitter bragging about that playoff win over the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1