1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The AAF (NFL's Farm Team League) Starts Play Feb 9

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 6, 2019.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    San Antonio has a couple of good receivers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I didn't say "break a leg".....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    From your original post: "Question remains though is which AAF team would break the bank to pry him from Clemson?"
    My response was pointing out that all AAF players get paid the same (and not much by pro athlete standards) so breaking the bank isn't an option.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    4PM today Memphis vs Birmingham, some familiar names for me:

Memphis: QB's Hackenberg & Menttenberger, RB Stacy & Neal, WR Stringfellow, DB's Cutrer(a draft crush) and Stribling.

Birmingham: RB Richardson, WR's Etta-Tawo(cuse), Bray & Washington, DT's Fraizer & Maxey, LB Brown, DB Summers & kicker Novak

I think Birmingham is loaded at WR could be fun......

Also Singletary & Lewis as coaches.....

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Breaking the bank by the sense of how much the NCAA is paying Trevor; nothing.

Whatever the league salary for players the AAF receive vs. how much collegiate athletes receive is immense. Even if it is a six figure one, that still far exceeds anything Lawrence would make. I would imagine that, should Trevor believe he is ready, he could simply opt out of Clemson and compete in the AAF.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    AAF is using same eligibility rules as NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/08/aaf-will-use-the-same-eligibility-rules-as-the-nfl/

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Why? They want to work with the NFL, not undermine them.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Collegiate players still getting screwed over. What a surprise. I wonder if the XFL will have such rules?

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Like NY, I watched with an open mind (and an eye on the field fem Jamie, LOL - I thought she did a pretty good job and is much easier on the eyes and ears than some of those NFL sideline ladies.), The whole game felt just like watching an early pre-season game with very few recognizable names and a whole lot of newbies and lineup shuffling throughout. Not sure if all the player rotating at WR and RB was intentional (i.e. "player development") or if they were just trying to find successful combos of players and plays. I liked the unis, the shorter play clock, fewer hankies, and a general extension of the football season in new markets. Did not like the mics clicking off and on including the booth mics but I'm sure they can remedy that quickly. Also, they called illegal formation on the D twice in the SD-SA game? What is that? I know there are NFL rules about lining up over center on XP's and FG's but these were called on regular plays. ??? Is this one of those silly Pro Bowl game rules?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't see the game but with plays like this, it's going to attract fans. Man I miss that!

edit: Didn't see there was another thread on this. NY beat me to this clip.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Does anyone know anywhere showing full game replays on line? I’ve been interested in the league since it was announced but it’s not being shown in the UK as far as I can see (which isn’t too surprising).

13. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    What channel are these games on?

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Don't believe so... Which will draw he ire of the big boys

15. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Im watching streams via reddit

16. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    So far it's legit watchable ball

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Saw that stick live and loved it especially when he got up got back in the huddle and called the next play. No whining for a flag just some good football.

• Like Like x 3
  18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think the Oline play has been sketchy to begin with but was coming around the more they played.

19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah didn't see the Orlando team that hung a 40 burger but from what I've seen the O line play needs a kick in the rear for sure

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I looked it up. There is a limit on how many defenders can rush the passer (5 I think), and where they can stand - so many feet from the LOS and within some distance from the most outside exterior lineman, or something like that. The rationale was to prevent QBs from getting killed with safety blitzes with a full head of steam, but it sure didn't stop the San Antonio QB from being lit up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    There were more plays that were hard hitting in the other games but nothing like this. So far I have watch 3 of the 4 games and right now it is very watchable. Yeah there are problems but there are also things that many NFL fans will like.

22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This past week they were on CBS, NFL channel and a CBS sports channel # 221 on DTV. This coming week they will be showing it will be on TNT, NFL channel & the CBS sports channel, it is listed on their website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes this is very true as well as QB play, 4 games and 2 team made QB changes.........

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok I will say this from last nights game Arizona vs Salt lake. The LB play by Arizona was very good Steve Johnson and Steve Beauharnais played lights out. RB Pressley had a nice game but the star on offense was WR Rashad Ross.

In the early game one name stood out to me maybe cause he was a Steeler and at a position we could use, Jamar Summers! He plays fro Tim Lewis of the Birmingham Iron and he had the game of his life. If he plays like this or even close to this the next 9 weeks he will not only be in the NFL but he will be a starter.......

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I watched the AZ SL game last night and liked what I saw, players played hard and I liked what I saw from start to finish, refs are not flag happy which made it a better game, 81% of AAF players are former NFL players so the talent is there to make their season enjoyable to watch, AZ won 38-22 their QB is Wolford he can throw it and run it very well, I will watch their games going forward....

Wrap up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...arizona-hotshots-down-salt-lake-in-aaf-action

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1