1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

That time of year again

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Ray D, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm a little late getting started, but it's time again to get our Fantasy Football leagues going. I anticipate we'll have 2 leagues of 12 teams each. And if interest soars, a third (or as many as needed) can be made as well. I can only serve as commissioner of one league, however. I'll need a volunteer (or 2) to run any extra leagues. Experience is helpful but by no means necessary.

I'm also gauging interest in a salary cap league (in addition to the traditional leagues). The nice thing about cap leagues is we can have unlimited teams.

So here's what I need from you guys:

Post that you want an invite. If also interested in a salary cap league, say so. If you're available to serve as a commish, let me know.

ALSO:

Post your ideal draft time(s). Morning, afternoon, evening, late night (or any combo). Any days that you can't make it, etc.

Please respond as quickly as possible so we can rapidly get our ducks in a row.

If you haven't played with us before, no problem! It's never too late to start.

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm in for any and all leagues. Never tried salary cap, would love to give that one a whirl as well. This is my favorite time of year, I'm a fantasy junkie. I don't care about when the draft is, just give me a time and I'll do my best to make it.

Also, if you need a commish for a second league I could do that too.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm in for the regular league. I've never done a salary cap league before, but I'd be willing to try depending on the details. I could help out as a commish if need be if there aren't enough volunteers.

Don't have an ideal draft time. Whenever is good for me.

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im in. I have never done a salary cap league either. I am the commish for my league here at home so I think I will let someone else run this one :smiley1: Depending on the day, I am pretty flexible for the draft.

5. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Im in for the regular league. Never done a salary cap, but ill play whatever the majority wants to. yall got me hooked last year. Anytime early evening is a good draft time for me.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in for this year as well. Whatever we run is good.

7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm in for both leagues. Evenings are good for me anytime after 6PM.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    i'm definitely in, and I can adjust to any time that you make available

9. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm in for whatever is available, any time.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm in for the regular league. For me, the best time for a live draft is a weeknight between 8 - 10 PM (Eastern). I could also do late AM on a Sat/Sun, maybe early afternoon.

11. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    D Count me in....After all I am a defending champ ;).....Whatever you need my friend....Just let me know..I have run FF leagues for years before joining yours. You need me to be a comish let me know.

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I would like in if you guys don't mind. I've played before but not on this site. Evening draft is better for me just an FYI. Thanks!!!

Spartacus

13. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I would like to be in both leagues if possible. I really enjoy last year and looked forward to this year

14. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Enjoyed last years league I want in again for sure

15. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm interested in a regular league. I can only do a live draft on the weekends.. time doesn't matter

16. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    If you still need an extra, let me know. I prefer regular league and love PPR's. Flexible on draft time as long as I have a heads-up

If you have two full leagues already, don't worry about doing a third...no biggie :)

17. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    when is the email being sent?

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I apologize, guys. I'm having computer trouble and it still isn't fixed right. I either lack the know how, or am just unable to get a league started through my phone. If I don't get this fixed and invites out by Monday, someone please feel free to get it going without me.

Then again, if I dint have it fixed tomorrow, I may just very well take a sledge hammer to my computer. Ugh.

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    New RAM has arrived today. When I get home from work, I'll cross my fingers this solves it.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sorry to hear that, Ray. I'm happy to get the ball rolling if you need me to. Just shoot me a pm. Good luck with the 'puter.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm willing to go this year. Weekends are best for me but can try to make anything work. Late evenings work too just have to get the kids to bed before hand

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. I'm sorry for the clusterf*** this year guys. My PC is now an elderly PC and it's being stubborn. :lolol:

I have sent NEW invites out via PM to 11 of you. I went by first come first serve with the exception of PJ who volunteered to run a second league. If you did not get an invite, PJ (assuming he still intends to serve as commish) will take care of you. Many of you may get a second invite from him to fill the league once he gets it going.

I was unable to start a new league through NFL.com. Either my idiocy or this PC kept screwing me up. So the invites going out are for Yahoo's league. Don't worry. Their leagues work pretty well.

I *WAS* however, able to reactivate last year's NFL.com league. So if you were part of that league, you should get an invite, or just be able to sign in and it'll be there. Let me know if you should be part of last year's league and can't get in or didn't get an e-mail invite.

Salary Cap league will be incoming. I'll make the invites for that public.

23. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    For those that didn't get an invite, I'll be setting the league up this evening. Once I've done what's needed (which really shouldn't take too long), I'll send the invites out.

24. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    OK Im signed back up for the NFL.com league again this year. Is everyone that was in it last year coming back again?

25. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I have some spots left in league #2 for anyone who would like to play. Just PM me and I"ll send you the link.