1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"That Mock Draft You Read Today Was Insanely Inaccurate"

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Feb 5, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol: thats funny. It's fun but really is crazy doing mocks this early with so many things still to be determined.

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I had no idea they were that far off, it is kinda funny now looking back,,, ( please no-one go back and analyze our mocks ) .

To me doing mocks is like buying a lottery ticket. It's crazy to put any faith into them but just thinking about the possibilities is where the entertainment lies.

Cajun-

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I agree Cajun. The main takeaway I think is that many people put so much stock in those mocks, basing their opinions and their own mocks on many of them, and those mocks are very inaccurate.

5. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fun read but until after the combine doing a mock is strictly for entertainment/informational purposes IMO.

6. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I would like to see the same article done 1 week prior to the draft to see how the experts did then.

7. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    All of them had Jarvis Jones as a top 10 pick. We got a bargain! (I hope :praying:)

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I've always despised how the so called draft experts sit there on TV (or behind their computers) and make their wildly inaccurate predictions. Yes, It's kinda fun to speculate, but amazing how far off they can be with their "best player available". Bottom line is these guys really are MEDIA coverage, not talent experts.