1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Todd, I can't remember our punter's name

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Homestead____Works, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    After realizing I have a hard time remembering our punter's name, I did a small bit of research.

We are next to last in number of punts, only 1 more than the cryboys (who have had 11 more turnovers, which explains that).

We are #2 in 'time of possession', behind Houston, and we are much closer to #1, than #3.

One stat that would be interesting (I'm too lazy, or stupid, to find it) would be "percentage of times scored per possession".
    I'd guess we'd have to be high on that list.

Which would lead to "who's to blame for late losses, the offense, or defense", but, that horse has been beaten already(maybe not enough, yet). :swordsman:

Maybe we need a punter named Smith (definitely not Suishin!). :D
    Thanks, Todd!

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I wish it were just as easy to forget the previous OC's name was but unfortunately that will stay in my mind for a while longer.

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Imagine what the numbers will look like when we eventually have a good Oline and a good running game. Dwyer has been impressive the last 2 games, but we're not there yet. Get a good running game going, have a good Oline and get a big bodies possession receiver, like a Bowe or Nicks type, and I believe we'll have the best offence in the league. A TE that can stretch the field would be good too, but I won't be greedy. lol

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    His name is Drew Butler and I'm quite proud of him. For a rookie he is doing very well in my opinion.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    It has been nice not punting the ball so much lets hope it continues!

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Good point, Homestead...
    And it would probably help, if Ben didn`t try to steal his job, on the rare chances he gets...
    When is the last time you actually saw a QB do a "Pooch Kick"...?
    They had to dust that one off from the 70`s... LOL!
    (Loved it tho... Just like some of the other misdirection plays in our book. The direct snap, that Ben "Sold" against Wash. was great, along with him trying to hand the ball off "Discreetly" to Rainey, earlier in the year, by hiding it directly behind his body, almost "Statue of Liberty" style)
    HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!!

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Tom Brady is a pretty good pooch kicker believe it or not.

8. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    You, and the "Brady love" again... :facepalm:
    Go ahead, c`mon... post me a link that shows him doing a pooch punt...
    I dare ya... :threaten:
    LOL... Just kiddin... I am as illiterate as you with the `puter stuff...
    All I know is, you can hold down "Ctrl c", when you have a web address highlighted at the top of the page(I think they call that the "url"), then hit "ctrl v", when you get your cursor to the page you wanna post it on.
    (To "Highlight", just put your cursor there, then hold down the left mouse button, and drag it over what you want to highlight, then let go)..
    Or use the mouse to highlite the text first, then hit "ctrl c", go wherever you wanna go, and hit "ctrl v", to drop what you highlited there...
    That is the extent of my "computer expertise"... and may not work with all operating systems/versions of Windows, etc...
    Takes a little practice, but really not too difficult.
    When Towel starts talking about using codes embedded in the source material, I am about 12 feet over my head.. LOL! ;-)

And p.s. I will check youtube for Brady doin the pooch... (No, Not THAT WAY!!! :facepalm: )...
    I`m Sure Ben isn`t the only qb to do it this decade, just the only one I happened to see...
    Peace.. :yeehaw:

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! I am a legend on this board for my Brady mancrush. HAHAHA! As far as all that tech talk you just threw out there I was like "dude I don't have enough fingers for all that!" lol. One of my good friends is a huge pc guy and he can tell you how to do anything. I have to call him all the time and he's like "oh yeah you just click on your combobulator to combobulate all the discombobulated laser beams to the plutonium flux capacitor" and I'm like dude the ONLY thing I just understood was "flux capacitor"! LOL. BTW you probably could find that pooch punt on the Brady channel I have setup on YOUTUBE....JUUUUUUST KIDDING!!!

10. 4EvrH8O'donnel

Nov 18, 2011
    Ben punted in college a few times and has even done it for the Steelers when Cowher was coach. I'm pretty sure that this was the first time under Tomlin though. Can't remember him doing it in quite a while.

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  12. 4EvrH8O'donnel

Nov 18, 2011
  13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep! Flutie DID do it! I had forgotten about that! Eat your Flutie Flakes kids and you can kick like a quarterback. That's a commercial waiting to happen.

14. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm happy with Heath as a TE. We have MW to stretch the field.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do you guys remember flutie drop kicking the FG or extra point? one or the other. :cool:

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I love Heath too, he's our best offensive player not named Ben, but lets face it, Heath is a dinosaur. The TE position is changing quite quickly. Teams are moving torward the Jimmy Graham's of the leagues as they are almost uncoverable.

We wouldn't even need to get rid of Heath, we could just bring in another TE to stretch the field, have Heath clean up underneath, plus in my dream world we'd have a big bodied X receiver to throw to. We could run a lot of 12 personnel formations, except we'd have a TE that can catch a 40 yard bomb if that's what was available to us.

Just thinking about it gets me excited. We could be downright deadly, pretty much like the Saints were last year. That's the type of offence we could have, except it would be a bit more possession style and less explosive.

17. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Only way to really get a TE like that now is to use a 1st round pick on one. Develop our receivers and use Heath. We don't have to follow, we can be the trend setters.

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    YES! I was gonna put that and I thought well maybe I'm just imagining that he did that! I KNEW I was right. Dang I hate when I second guess myself. Did he do it as a Bill or as a Charger? I definitely remember that he did that though.

19. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think it was with the pats

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't even remember him playing for the Pats. Flutie was a really underrated player dude. For a guy his size to be that tough and competitive I was always kinda inspired by Doug Flutie because I'm only 5'4 myself but he gave hope to the little man ya know? And no matter what people say about him, he was a winner.