1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Julian Eldelman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jan 28, 2017.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So, during the AFC championship game Burns tells him him he'll be there all day .... Julian responded with " if you're talking about it means you're not !!!!!"

Thanks because I hope this motivates our defense. He's a short white guy playing WR who was drafted in the 7th rd. he shouldn't be anybody but yet he dominates our defense, sure hope Burns realizes he's got a lot of improvement to go... A lot of work to do!!!

Cajun

2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, did Edelman play lacrosse in college? :hmm:

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And maybe Burns meant "I'll be over here, like 15 yards away from you and the lacrosse guy as you torch this pathetically porous soft zone that Tomlin and Butler insist on playing the whole freaking game!". Edelman may have misunderstood...:shrug::facepalm:

I'm still just :frustrated:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What a nauseating title to see on our Steelers page.

Im not thanking Eldelman for crap because he didn't do anything to help Burns.

Eldelman talks **** all the time, so who is he kidding with his sage advice.

Burns body language after the loss is all I need to know that he will continue to work hard and be the best he can be. I like his confidence.

I give Eldelman this :poopy:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

If anything, next time they meet, Burns will be ready for him no question. As if he needs any motivation to best someone like him.

Artie bested the likes of Odell Beckham Jr., A.J. Green, Terrell Pryor, Tyreek Hill, Bershad Perriman, Tyler Boyd (a fellow rookie now sophomore), Steve Smith Sr. (now retired), DeVante Parker, Chris Conley and others.

That is quite a list for a guy universally panned by many as a "bust." For my money, he makes the biggest jump among the 2016 corner class.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would love to see Edelmen get lit up just once. He's lucky he didn't play in the 80s or 90s.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He wouldn't be around.

The way he plays benefits from the rules against grabbing and getting lit up across the middle.

He talks so much crap, but he definitely wouldn't be productive in that era...

Hell he was calling for flags in the AFCCG!

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Playing 8-10 yards off the line, absolutely nothing to knock them off rhythm...pretty easy to predict what's going to happen there. Put a physical CB on Edelman all day playing man and see what his b**ch *$$ does!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    like this? He is one of those players that you love if he plays for you and hate if he plays for someone else. Hate on the little sucker if you want but never question his toughness.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Thank you Chris Hogan. I still can't believe we let this dude beat us. Did the Steelers not watch film? He was clearly their #1 not Idolman. **** them both.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Soft Zone? Not again, common. It was lack of execution, not the scheme :lolol: Theirs not a question that Artie Burns will be better next season. He has taken positive strides and he's got some grit and attitude. He will be the next great Steelers corner. Now if only he could execute properly as well as the other 10 guys on Defense then we will have something.... And that scheme will work against the Cheats any year now, any year now, any years now ect.ect. Fail...

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    so only short black guys know how to play WR?

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm struggling to see the point of the thread.

Burns has had enough rookie mistakes this year to have heard every comeback from opposing WRs. Because he's a rookie. And he's keen to go against the best players and learn from his mistakes.

I doubt Edelman's comment was his road to Damascus moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    The point? I'm in a pissy mood because we just didn't loose a chance to go to the SB but we were dominated. By the patsies!!! They won the SB a couple years back and this team has 30 new players on their 53.... That's crazy!!!

I don't like Edelman, I think he's arrogant but he's a very successful player. I hope that embarrassing loss lights a fire under them all!!!! Including Butler and Tomin and Haley!!!!

Sorry.... Just not dealing with this loss very well

Cajun

15. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    just curious. what does him being a short white guy have anything to do with his athletic ability and ability to play football? hes actually bigger than AB

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's ok man, we're all feeling it. :tequila:

• Like Like x 1
  17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I also said 7th rd draft pick. How many short white WR drafted in the 7th rd has flourished in the NFL?

Edelman is the same height as AB, a few pounds heavier. Their 40yds are close but Edelman is actually quicker... 20yd shuttle 4.18 AB vs 3.92 for Edleman.

Artie came into camp determined to go against AB... To get better and I loved that. Edelman is NOT mentioned as a great WR like AB is yet he performs every game. I want Artie to be hungry to go against and succeed vs not just the AB's in the League but the Edlemans who doesn't get the fame and focus but are just as dangerous.

Cajun

18. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i love that Burns wants to go against the best also. i think Brady tends to make his wrs look great. i love Ben, but anyone that thinks Brady isnt better isnt paying attention. Brady torched the Steelers secondary. they have a long ways to go before they are gonna shut teams like the Pats down, but im thrilled with the 3 rookies they drafted in the 1st 3 rounds last year. ill take another draft like that one in a second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I will not thank him. Sam I Am.
    I will not thank Julian Edelman.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I agree with it with maybe one adjustment...... Brady's receivers were WIDE Open.... I could have made those throws... ( in my younger days)... Yes Brady made the adjustments and calls but miss how wide open they were! Not once, twice but ALL day..

Cajun

21. nycfan

nycfan Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Just a question after reading this thread, do Steelers' fans charge Rent to Belichick and the Patriots for the space they occupy in your heads or do you let them run around in there for free?

Serious question from a Jets fan, because they sure owned Rex and now they've got Bowles. The more you obsess about them, the worse it becomes. Believe me, we know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We don't have to dwell on it, the fix can be done...We have enough O we just need more defensive players to beat them...When DL went man to man on them a few years back we looked good..We just don't have enough talent to do that yet..

23. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    We need more O!!!! Bell went down early, they bracketed Brown and we had no Answer. Bryant's potential return and hopefully staying power can help. I don't trust Greens availability or Bells or Bryant's or even DWill's.

Cajun

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The offense was a big letdown for me. Bryant, Wheaton, or pre-injury Coates would have made a huge difference.

And losing Bell was a monstrous loss for us. I don't think people are acknowledging that enough. Huge blow to our chances to win on the second play.

25. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I guess I can add this Burns-Edelman encounter to the long list of things that makes me hate the Patriots.

1. Brady whining about being disrespected, in 2005. This started it for me.
    2. Brady dumps his pregnant girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan.
    3. Spygate, of course...and the fact that Goodell destroyed everything behind closed doors. Goodell told the team he didn't want to ever have to deal with them skirting rules ever again (see #11-#14)
    4. Brady talking smack to Anthony Smith.
    5. Brady whining to refs about getting hit too hard (a regular occurrence)
    6. Team got caught using IR players in practice (against NFL rules)
    7. Brady pressed charges against a homeless man who stole pots (for plants) from his doorstep. (Brady has enough money to simply replace thjem, for God's sake.)
    8. The weird substitution play used against the Ravens that required a rules change.
    9. Ernie Adams (look him up...fishy stuff going on here)
    10. Pats lineman Nick Kaczur got busted for felony possession of oxycontin. Nothing (and I mean, NOTHING) happened to him. No punishment at all from Goodell.
    11. Deflategate . Part 1: A Pats equipment manager went into a restroom with the footballs, caught on video, which is totally against league protocol. This was the smoking gun, which got lost in the focus on Brady. (See #3: Goodell told them in 2007 not to get caught doing stupid stuff. They did)
    12. Brady's role in deflategate, destroying is his phone. (He deserved suspension, due to Goodell's warning in 2007)
    13. The Pats presenting an explanation that "deflater" means a guy who is losing weight. (What an arrogant bunch of a-holes, telling the public this crap with an expectation that we'll believe it.)
    14. The court cases. My God.
    14. Aaron Hernandez.
    15. The constant media love that Brady gets, with no recognition whatsoever, that man has played his entire career with a genius head coach, behind an o-line that regularly gives him a perfect pocket, wide open receivers, receivers who actually catch, receivers who run after the catch, and a team that generally doesn't fumble the ball. (Thank God Max Kellerman called this out last week: There's nothing Brady does that Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, etc. can't do in that offense.)
    16. Brady caught on the plane with "the Affleck nanny" (who was wearing his SB rings). This was an enormous WTF?!?! moment that got little play in the press. Brady is an a-hole.

[​IMG]

Oh, and then there's...
    17. The tuck. It was a fumble and everyone knows it.
    18. Marlon McCree's interception and fumble in 2006 playoff game.
    19. The inexplicable Justin Tucker missed PAT.
    20. The Seahawks blowing a goalline possession to hand yet another SB to the Pats.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2