1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank You DHB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Jan 20, 2016.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I just wanted to take a moment and give DHB a thanks for being a Team guy and a willing blocker and a good ST player . He showed great Improvement in the hands department and played above the line as a WR when called on..

This will probably be the last thread for him as a Steeler to much talent on this Team for him to get the looks or PT that he has earned . His overall tape will convince another Team he would be a great 3rd. option at WR . Esp. a Team that likes to run a lot with little depth at WR .He will need to strike while the Iron is hot and get his chance to continue his 2nd. career ..

Thanks again for what you brought to this Team and I wish him the best with the rest of his career, in a League full of Diva WR'S it warms an Old Coaches Heart to see a player who is a Team 1st. guy and is willing to do whatever it takes to get better and to help his Team compete when called on.. This will not be missed by the League and I am sure you will find a good spot..Good Luck..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I wouldn't be so sure that he's gone. He did a nice job this year, but I don't know that anyone would consider him a starting option at this point of his career. He could be back on a one or two year deal around vet minimum to compete in camp for our last WR spot. I wouldn't give up hope just yet PWP, I still think there's a shot he's back in the black and gold next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I hope he gets another 1 year / vet minimum deal and competes for a roster spot. There's nothing wrong with a 5th or 6th WR who can play multiple special teams roles, and is familiar with the entire route tree if anyone gets hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A lot of Teams would consider him as a 3RD. WR and they will .. Look at the guys in front of him, not many Teams are even close to that Depth . His performance was stellar with his limited chances .He has way to many plays on tape for some Team with multiple spots to fill that will take DHB as a 3rd. option and spend that draft pick elsewhere..When I look at a lot of NFL rosters a bunch of Teams need multiple WR'S ...The Steelers are 1 of the few Teams that are stacked so simple supply and demand will create places for DHB to go and with a lot more reps and money on the table...

I am sure he Loves this Team and I am sure the Team Loves him ,just simply to much talent in front of him and behind him on this roster...

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    why are you thanking yourself lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude if any GM's have been on here reading PWP's assessment DHB is about to break the bank. LOL! I actually think DHB did an admirable job this year too. I can't wait til training camp so we can get our next DHB thread. Or maybe he'll be active on facebook and we can get a "What's DHB doing now?" thread. Just kiddin' with you PWP. We've all got players we have a soft spot for. Mine is Casey Hampton. Heath is another.

7. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    I hope he Will be back next year...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Sorry SG, did not mean to hit disagree button. I agree.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    And don't forget Tom Brady.

I'd like to see DHB back, but I also wouldn't put it past the front office to draft a WR in the 3rd for no real reason...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    HA! LOL! Yeah him too and after this week when he takes the foreheads lunch money for the last time I think all will be right in the universe. LOL!

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should bring him back for the vet minimum.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He is a good locker room guy, they may bring him back just for that...

Tyler Murphy or Shakim Phillips would be the ones who would have to push him off the roster.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here is a small sample of what other Teams have as the #3 WR, let's look at the Teams still playing and see if they are or would be better options than DHB...
    #3 WR for the Patriots - Brandon Lafell
    #3 WR for the Broncos -Cody Latimer
    #3 WR for the Cardinals - John Brown
    #3 WR for the Panthers - Corey Brown

It is very reasonable to assume that DHB has more value and is a better option than 3 out of 4 of those guys . The only guy who I would consider instead of DHB is John Brown .. Now if we started looking at the bottom Teams in the NFL we would see that DHB is a better option than a lot of those Teams #2 WR'S ...This is the reason he will not be back and I don't like it a bit , but Teams and Coaches will see his potential as a #3 WR who can block and can play ST'S and still gives them a Deep Ball threat .. Because of that he will get more Offensive snaps wherever he goes than he can ever get here ...

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    OK, while I agree with you that this past season has probably improved DHB's marketability, I think 3 of the 4 guys above would be preferable for most teams. John Brown is a no brainer. Latimer is a 2nd year player (1st rounder) trying to break into a pretty deep WR roster. There's upside, and his arrow is pointing up. Philly Brown has been a solid player for Carolina, and is also young with upside. LaFell doesn't impress me. I certainly appreciate DHB's contributions, and I think you're correct in pointing out that he has had value to the team in a variety of ways. However, you keep on putting him on a pedestal that's higher than his actual value. He's not going to be some team's #2 receiver next year unless he starts out in camp as the #4 and they have a bunch of injuries.