1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you, DEFENSE!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously, the D won this game for us... :clapping:
    But, what I thought was the best part of that,
    Was, that we continued blitzing, and putting pressure on the qb, at the end of the game... :butcher: :thumbsup: :herewego:
    We did not drop into coverage, or try to play the "prevent" defense, when they had the ball with less than two minutes to go...
    If we did the same thing against veteran qb`s, not just this rookie...
    I feel we would have more success closing out games...
    Agree/Disagree?
    Just happy we got a win...8-3 is 8-3, no matter how ugly...
    Can`t believe our Offense looked worse than the clowns,
    Although, I will NOT lay this one at Arian`s feet....
    He called some good plays(and some not so good, desperation, gadget plays, because the simple stuff wasn`t working)...
    But, overall, I would point to this game as a rare example of good plays not being executed by the players...
    Lotsa dropped balls, (even by Heeeeeath)... and just out of character mistakes by pretty much everyone on that side of the ball...
    Glad to see Hines get a few plays... Sad to see Pouncey go to the locker room, but stilll...
    The Defense earned every bit of this win...
    We shoulda had well over thirty points on the board, tonight, not hanging on to a last second defensive stop to win the game, and it wasn`t because Bruce called a bad game...
    But the D did what they had to do, even without Troy...
    Just makes me wonder, if we put the same pressure on Rodgers, Brady, etc... instead of dropping into coverage at the end of the game, if we could do the same?
    I like to think so. :cool: :herewego!:

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!: At least about the defense coming up big.

Do you think this may have been due to the thumb? I saw accuracy on some throws and on others it was high or behind. Several of the ones thrown miller's way were catchable but not exactly what I would call beautiful throws.

3. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I noticed on the game's box score that Ziggy had a tackle! First one in several games for him. Did anyone see it?

4. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I dunno, Thorn...
    Even when his thumb`s not hurt, he doesn`t always throw the best/prettiest passes...
    I really didn`t see any more than normal, that were wobbly, or off target...
    Saw the usual dumb penalties(even tho more could have been called either way),
    And just really not sure why the offense wasnt clicking tonight, but unlike normally,
    I would not say it was because of the playcalls...
    They just couldn`t seem to get it done...
    Believe it or not, I give a lotta credit to KC`s D...
    They were rather disruptive tonight...
    But we still should have the talent to shred them.
    They guys just seemed like they were "sleepwalking" thru what they thought was an inferior team, yet again...IMHO.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope I beleive he did showcase his amazing pass rushing skills by running right a Palko waying his arms like a bird. Didnt get the sack though. hmmm wonder why. Oh wait I remember that tackle, the RB ran right into the middle of the line and sutterstepped away from Harrison only to be fell on by Hood.

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
  7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have been waiting for a couple of years on Hood hope you are right