1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BlacknGold40, Oct 9, 2017.

1. BlacknGold40

BlacknGold40 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    For all of the great years you have gave us, but it's time to walk away now. You talked about retirement in the off season and your playing like you just don't want to be on the field anymore. Plus you are questioning if you still have it! So in my opinion I think walk away now before things get worse. I mean look at Peyton's last few years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Thank you Ben for sure!!!! Just pissed we now have to go through searching for the next QB. Just hope it's not as long as Bradshaw to Ben was because I'll be long gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BlacknGold40

BlacknGold40 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I'm hope not. Watching the Steelers offence through the 80s and 90s was painful at times.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Agree with OP 100%.

Just have to say, though, that after actually WATCHING Ben's interview where he said he didn't have it, he didn't mean it.

All of his answers were short and intended to get the media to stop asking questions. He said what he said because he wanted to place the blame on himself and leave. I didn't come away from that interview thinking he meant that at all.

That doesn't mean I believe his heart is in it like the past, just that his comment doesn't hold the weight that it does in print.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Ben has to take the blame because he knows Tomlin won't, after the cards got blown out yesterday in philly 34-7, Arians told the media dont blame the players because the blame belongs on me and only me....

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Does Bubby Brister have a son of playing age? It would only make sense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    If Ben walks, we can just sign Krapyerdick and all will be right with the world!! We'd never lose again!

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Better the Bubster jr. than Mark Malone II !

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    He can't walk away without us having a solution for QB, we cannot win with Jones nor Dobbs. First we need a solution, then walk away.

10. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Got that right. Coaches need to prepare a team each week and come up with a game plan to win. Players then need to execute. Been watching this team for 40+ years and by far this team seems to never be prepared to win against sub par competition. That falls on the coaches and specifically “Mr. Standard is the Standard”. This team has zero grit, competitiveness or discipline, and that is ashame with all that talent. Coaching issue all the way around. If players can’t or won’t respond, then the Coach needs to step it up, but Tomlin doesn’t have the capability to make the necessary adjustments. Welcome to another 10-6 or 9-7 season as “the standard”.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Our best hope is that big Ben snaps out of his funk quick. I watched Jones and Dobbs in the preseason and neither one of them are going to do any better.
    Have a feeling big Ben is going to respond in a big way this week.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The only worry about Ben is he will hesitate when making throws being gun shy about a pick, he usually double clutches his throws after having a game with multiple picks, it is hard to forget a 5 pick game after all, this could be a problem....

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben is in a deep hole with steep sides, he keeps trying to climb out but can't find a way. A friend comes walking by and sees him and asks if he needs help. Ben says yes he is stuck could his friend help him out. His friend jumps in the hole with him. Ben says what are you doing now we are both stuck down here. His friend says yeah but I've been down here before and I know the way out

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    so basically

upload_2017-10-9_13-22-57.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You laugh - Walter Brister has just as many SB rings as our beloved Ben. :facepalm:

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup.. I don't think he is done.. There is a curtain call for Ben. Maybe not KC but indeed this season. This might be just what the doctor ordered for Ben. An embarrassment like this has a tendency to wake a guy up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    ...although watching the Steelers offense for the last five years has been painful at times, too.

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agree with Jones. As for Dobbs, I am reserving judgement until the next time I see him.

I give him the benefit of the doubt. Dobbs really could not focus too much on football due to his Aerospace Engineering degree. Let us see what he can do next season.

Either way I concur with you on Ben simply leaving. Ben has to get back to proper decision making and judgement before anything else.

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

In the endzone last Sunday especially.

Goal to goal and, nevermind we have arguably the best running back in the NFL, we have a $100 million+ offensive line to boot. What do we do?

Pass.. three times over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I blame play calling the most really. It's absurd.

Also heard on the post game from Ben he mentioned hitting practice Wednesday, lets see lol.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Manning won a ring his last year. I'm not sure about you, but I'd take that, even if it is in a diminished way, like Manning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers are painfull to watch and have been for many years.

24. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Coach didnt throw 5 int and two of them wete pick 6's. Its amazing how bad ben has looked this year and he continue to get a pass. It wasnt a coaches meltdown
    ..it was a Ben's meltdown

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Well, that’s very generous of him.

:thumbs_up: